Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Rocking with Roxette

Some days it's pretty tough for me to come up with much to talk about. Today is one of them so I thought I'd share my new obsession with the fab 80's/90's band Roxette with you. Someone has released a cover of the infamous song 'Listen to your Heart' by Roxette and I've heard it on the radio a lot lately. This prompted me to request Brent to download their old albums, so he got their greatest hits CD for me. I had no idea how many of their songs I loved and still remember each and every word to. I've been rocking out to Roxette all week in my car - Joyride, She's got the Look, Fading Like a Flower, Listen to your Heart. Roxette may have been the greatest band ever and they need to make a comeback. I'm not sure why they weren't on that hokey show 'Hit me baby one more time' this summer. They would have been perfect. I'm also obsessed with the Rock Star:Inxs series this summer. They've been performing a lot of classic rock songs which has really made me want to listen to more classic rock recently. I added some ACDC to my running mp3 player the other day along with some Metallica and classic Weezer.

Tonight's workout was pretty vanilla. I did 40 minutes of Denise Austin (courtesy of my TiVo!). She has some odd saying but she has some seriously tough moves. Tonight some of her fab quotes were: "We're cutting the fat off - not off our bodies but out of our diets!!!!!!!!!!" and she makes a lot of references to "cutting the butter". While my weakness is sugar, esp chocolate, hers must be butter.

Just a couple more days til our weekend trip to Ga! Yipppeeee!!

Rae

Exercise: 1 mile a.m. walk with Pippin, 40 minutes Denise Austin focusing on arms & thighs, plus some cardio/stretching, 20 minutes on the elliptical

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Cory said...

I don't really know why I'm posting to such an old post, but oh well. I love Roxette. I like the "Joyride" song, and associate it with a summer camp up in Maine that I went to when I was, like, 15.
After that, music tanked. I'm much more into the early '80's, like the Hooters and Waterboys.
Thanks for the memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home