Sunday, July 24, 2005

Hot & Sweaty



Happy weekend everyone! We've had a great one so far, and unfortunately we only matched one number in last night's Powerball so it looks like we'll be back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Here's a picture of the cutest dog in the world: Pippin. He loves the shade and I know he'll never make a 5K with me but we love him anyway!!

Friday night we ventured over to try Cuisine of India near Vanderbilt. We live in the suburbs of Nashville, but most of our time is spent in the Vandy/Green Hills area. If it wasn't so freakin' expensive I'd move there in a heartbeat. There's nothing interesting or exciting about living in the 'burbs. Cuisine of India was awesome, it may be our new fave Indian restaurant in town. The service was awesome, too. They brought you more water after every sip, practically. We also like Sitar (near Baptist Hospital) and Shalimar (near Green Hills) is pretty good. We LOVE Indian food and I wish I knew how to cook it. After that we went over to check out the new Hustler Hollywood store on Church street. It opened last week, and had Ron Jeremy there and someone said Larry Flynt was there last weekend (but that's unconfirmed). Needless to say it was an interesting and educational experience, but certainly fun.

For the 2nd Sat in a row, for unknown reasons, I woke up bright and early. I have NO clue why I woke up at 5 am wide awake (we went to bed around 12:30). So I did what any good wife would do and I woke Brent up, too. We watched music videos for a little while (since the middle of the night is THE only time vh1/mtv play them anymore) and we decided to have some breakfast and go for a run. We headed out around 7:30 and it was already SO hot. The sun was bright and I had forgotten how little shade is on my regular route. This was our 6-mile morning, and since this was Brent's first run at that distance I wanted to stay with him. I know how hard it is to add that new distance each week, and how sometimes the conditions can beat you mentally. We made it just fine and were so gross by the end that it looked like we had run through someone's sprinklers. After I came inside I thought Pippin's cow hoof chew was especially stinky until I realized it was me I was smelling!!

Brent had booked massages for us at A Moment's Peace spa (near Cool Springs) for later in the morning. We first went there back in Feb for manicures and we've been back several times since then for lots of services. Our massages were awesome!!! After that we had lunch at Copelands and did some shopping. We headed over to Fleet Feet (THE best running store in Nashville) to pick up a FuelBelt for Brent. Mine only holds 4 bottles and as our runs get longer and hotter that's not enough for both of us. I LOVE Fleet Feet. If you're a runner in Nashville you have to go there. They know everything about fitting your feet properly.

For dinner we tried a new Mexican rest here in Smyrna - Las Brazas. Never, ever go there!! It was SO gross!! I was craving nachos, and they brought me this enormously stacked plate of chips with beef, beans, & lettuce on it. One main ingrediant was missing - Cheese!!! We eat very healthy most of the time - mostly organic, grilled & not overly-processed foods, very little soda & caffeine, so when I want something fatty and disgusting (like nachos) I want them dripping in cheese dip. Anyway, if we never went there we would always wonder if it's good so that's taken care of!

Then we came home and watched The Forgotten (with Julianne Moore). We're in blockbuster.com rental club, and we've had this movie since March! This movie was SO bad! From the previews I thought it would be a thriller, not another goofy movie about aliens. Seriously, it was bad.

Well, I think this post is long enough! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Rae

Exercise:
Friday - 1 mile am walk with Pippin
Sat - 6 mile run with Brent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home