Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Discovering Denise

Hey everyone! It was another hot and muggy run here in Nashville tonight, but I couldn't wait to get out there and pound the pavement. Sitting on my ass all day is seriously giving me muscle atrophy and thinking about burning some calories was THE only thing helping me through the day. I've got to hit those powerball numbers so I can run and sleep all day long!!!

Anyway, I don't have much to talk about today so I thought I'd share my latest exciting discovery -Denise Austin's daily workouts on Lifetime. I have one of her workout DVDs and she is a freak. Her high pitched voice and random comments wear on me but are strange enough to make me erupt in laughter while doing some tough ab work. She really does have some good moves. So, for some reason when I turned on the TV yesterday morning the channel was on Lifetime. I do not watch ANYTHING on Lifetime, and I can't come up with a thing Brent might have been watching either, so I am a little worried (and suspicious). But, I recognized this perky little voice and realized it was a Denise Austin workout show. So, I've set my TiVo for a season pass. Last night I did the workout, it happened to be intervals and abs. In the middle of a tough ab section she started talking about her daughters and the sports they played. It was so bizarre I couldn't help but roll around laughing - which is a great ab workout in and of itself. Isn't life great??

Just a couple more days until Brent and I head to Georgia!!!!

Cya!

Rae

Exercise: 1 mile a.m. walk with Pippin, 4 mile evening run

1 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up girlie! Long time no hear from? We missed you guys on the Memorial Day trip to Ft. Walton this year (sans flashlights). Sounds like you're really into fitness these days! That's GREAT! I'm with you about Denise Austin, the ever-optimist. I guess it's a good thing, though to hear her rooting you on ("Come on, you can do it!!!!!!") during a work-out. I've been mainly walking / running up to 3 miles a day just to maintain. This weather has been killer, so I did the treadmill for 3 miles last night. I'm ready for some cooler weather! Hope you guys are doing well. Take care, Shelly Carey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home