Thursday, March 20, 2008

Shortie loves a Short Week!!!!

It's the weekend!! WOOOOHOOOO!!! Thankfully I work somewhere where we get Good Friday off, so tomorrow is our first official holiday of the year. YEAH! And, it's supposed to be 70-something and gorgeous so that rocks! Brent doesn't get the holiday, but he has loads of vacation so he's taking it off. We've got to mow tomorrow, our yard is CRAZY! We have tons of flower-weeds blooming and our grass is SO TALL!

This afternoon I ran out of work a few minutes early to get my car renewal tags. Literally that is one of my least favorite things to do each year. It's such a pain to get through emissions, go get your tags, etc etc because naturally they have regular office hours, when are all of us regular office people supposed to make it there??? On Monday I went through emissions, my goal this year was to not wait until the last week of the month like EVERYONE and hopefully avoid the lines. I noticed they're open until 6 on Monday, so I left work around 4 and was only the 3rd car deep in my line, so that went heavenly!!! Actually getting the tags is where I usually go astray. The normal office is on 2nd, which is literally less than a mile from where I work. BUT, it's going through some big renovations and the temp office is on the North side. Still only a few miles from work for me - but miles absolutely CLOGGED with traffic. And when I went last year (yeah, it's a LONG renovation) I got lost, didn't make the right "curve", ended up across the river back in my OWN NEIGHBORHOOD before I realized how lost I was, called Brent while further lost in the projects, and then arrived at 4:35 while my car was overheating. And they close at 4:30. Seriously, I begged the guy to let me in and he wouldn't. Today I ran out of work at 3:45, threw my due library books in the bin while trying not to be crushed by the bus, and made it through GOBS of traffic and got there at 4:15! No getting lost, no overheating car, no tour of the projects and no drama!!! AND I was so glad I went to day because they had a big sign on the door about being closed tomorrow. Score ME for getting it done more than a week early!!!!

It took me forever to get back home though. Some sort of Olympic Soccer Qualifying is going on at the Stadium, and Brent is now also stuck in the traffic. BOO TO TRAFFIC ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!

My parents are coming up Saturday. It's time to get some fabric for curtains for our living room, and we need the expert sewing skills of my mom. Having an usual house means all our curtains have to be custom. Most stores don't carry the length we need, and the ones that do are wicked expensive. At Expo curtains our length are $150 - a PANEL. We need 6. You do the math..... So yeah, we save a bundle thanks to mom and her craftiness!

And of course we're still drywalling. We're getting close, and are now in the sand, prime, touchup, mud, sand, prime repeat phase right now. EVERYTHING in our house is covered in dust. It's so gross and just not "comfy" feeling, but hopefully by the end of the weekend we'll have the majority of it done. I've got a camera full of pics to upload, so I'll try to get to that this weekend.

And everyone at work is talking about the gym being closed for 11 days! Some of our are going to exercise together during that time, so some "plans" are being made to check out the Uptown Y and maybe exercise at Centennial Park, so we'll all get it done. It's crazy the level of panic that's erupted at work about the Y being closed! I had 3 meetings the morning after the announcement, and in all 3 of them that was the first thing being talked about, BEFORE work stuff! It's great to work somewhere where so many people work out and look at it as a very serious part of their day. I figured a few people would be as upset as me, but I figured a lot would be like "well, I'll just eat out or surf the net during that time", but I haven't heard one person say that, which is great!!! I need to get a 6-miler in myself this weekend for the upcoming half I'm thinking about this spring. I had two great 4 milers already this week, plus one other workout, so this week is going smashing!

Happy Thursday everyone!!!!! It's LOST night, who in the world is going to die???? I hope it's Juliette!!!

Rae

6 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Yahoooooooooo my spring break started today at 3:08! Short weeks RAWK!

OMG, can't wait to watch LOST either!

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation day, and fun with your mom.
Also, enjoy your 70 degree weather - it is suppose to snow here! Can't wait to be in TN!
And, how could they kill russo? That sucked.

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't have that emissions check..do they do that every year? yikes...but good idea.
Enjoy your day tomorrow!!!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I totally forgot that someone was supposed to die until the very end of the show.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Way to go on getting the car stuff done "ahead" of schedule..;-)

Good luck w/ getting the drywalling done. I know your house will feel more like a "home" soon enough once that's done.

I commented earlier that my gym is building a bigger bldng in a different location & I thought they were going to close like yours. But I found out that they're not. Supposed to be a seamless transition but we'll see.

Not a Lost fan myself but I hope u enjoyed the show.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Enjoy your weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home