Thursday, March 06, 2008

Vacations are Overrated

Snow and Ice in Dallas = all flights out of Nashville to Dallas, canceled. And of course we didn't realize that until we went to check in. 1hr 20 mins later, $3 of pointless parking, 2 crowded economy bus rides from hell later, and we're re-booked to tomorrow morning at butt crack early 8:05 am. And do you know when the same front coming through Dallas is coming through here? Yup, you guessed it. It will be a Christmas miracle if we EVER make it to Dallas. All flights that connect to Dallas were also full, so we were pretty much out of options. (Although we did look into the flight that connected through Chicago, because being stranded there would've been RBF fun.)

So, we we went out for TexMex here and came home and passed out in a lonely, Pippin-free, packed and cleaned house. In sunny, warm, 50-something degree Nashville. And tomorrow morning at 0:30 butt crack we'll try again. And in a little while I'll try calling the rental car company again because in the midst of crisis I REALLY could not deal with them and their complete inability to speak audible English.

7 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good looking plate, though.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Runner Susan said...

you've got to make it . . . i'm really looking forward to meeting you guys

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oh man, that sucks! I hope you guys make it out of here.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Oh damn! I can totally relate to your frustrations. Air delays really SUCK!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I'm holding my breath until Sunday ...

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

What a freaky thing.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Oh that sucks, I've been that route more times than I care to remember. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home