Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Walls & Walks & Pippin Overload

Hello!!!! I haven't posted many pics lately, so here's what we've been up to:

Here's the new wall in our living room:

We basically took a weird opening from the living room to the dining room and sealed it up. Why you would need two entrances to the dining room is beyond us....

Here it is framed up:












Here it is with the drywall and mud:













And here's the finished wall with the new furniture. Really not the best pic of the new furniture and greatly improved living room, but it works for now! We're shopping for new furniture to put the TV on/in, a new rug and fabric for curtains. AND, we need new baseboard but we haven't found anything "grand" enough yet. Soooo, the living room really isn't done, but we are loving the new furniture and wall!!









This is ALL the snow we've had all winter. That's it. And that was Jan 1. We've had plenty of cold, lots of back and forth temps where it's 70 and tornadoes one day and then crappy cold the next. And we've had loads of rain. Rain all day today - today it started out in the upper 50's and our high tomorrow is going to be 32. Which likely explains why Brent and I both feel under the weather this week with sore throats. Tonight we're pitiful and watching American Idol, which is now boring since the horrible auditions are over.








We've had loads of gorgeous weekends where we haven't needed a jacket at all, and have had some fun walks/jogs with Pippin.












And Pippin has helped me pay some bills....









And here's our current project: we're working on turning our front room from just a den to a den/bedroom. So, we're taking the door out that for some strange reason connects our bedroom to it. We're moving that door to be the new door for the den/bedroom and framing up the large entrance. So far the door is pulled out, drywall is hung, and the door is positioned where we want it. Now it has to be framed and drywalled as well.

Old door from the front room to our room:













Door is gone and the drywall hung: We're going to build a closet here in the corner of the room that is going to be AWESOME! So, this will be the back wall of the new closet.













And the door will go right about here (just straight/plum/level, Pippin was a little in the way) Don't you just love how Pips manages to get in every picture????












We are loving the changes and so excited about them!!!

Workouts this week have been blah. This sore throat thing has me feeling groggy and just generally off, so I haven't pushed the workouts hard, but I have gotten them in and I guess that's what counts.

Happy Early Valentines!!!!!!!!

8 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Jack said...

I love your house, thanks for posting the pictures. We haven't had a real winter in our part of Germany either, not that I miss it. I mean, running without a jacket in February is great!

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

You just made me miss running with a dog. :( Great pics & cool house.

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It looks great - I'm really impressed. Love the pics of Pippin.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Rich said...

This is so wierd. We have the same colors on our walls! I call it cappuccino on one, and mustard on the other.

And are those monkey PJs? My daughter has the same pair!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I love pictures of Pippen! Awesome house fixing!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Sure sounds like home is a very special place now for you'all.

Is Pippin happy Uno the Beagle won Best in Show? Surely there's got to be some solidarity among small breeds that the poodles were shut out this year.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger brent said...

you guys are always workin' on a cool project! i gotta get you over to my place to get me started on something, heh.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Workouts have blah for me too. :( I am just hanging on to hopes of spring someday soon.

Awesome job on your wall! And I love the furniture!!

Oh - and that Smyrna Parks 5k shirt - I have it - I LOVE it. It's one of most favorite race shirts because it's soooo soft!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home