Sunday, March 02, 2008

Reason #547 to ALWAYS look your best

Hey everyone!! Just a super quick post to tell you about the MASSIVE excitement we had today, all the rest of the weekend update (and fun pics we've taken this past weekend) will just have to wait. But I just had to share our BIG excitement from today.

SO, this weekend has been GORGEOUS here in Nashvegas. Yesterday was 60-something and awesome, and today was 74 and DELICIOUS outside. We grilled out some turkey burgers and ate on the deck to enjoy the day, but since our major project right now involves building walls, the bulk of our afternoon was spent inside mudding drywall and working on that stuff. Around 3 we ran out of mud and made the executive decision to call it a day, and take Pips for the walk he'd been dying to go on down to the ice cream shop in our neighborhood, and just enjoy the rest of the beautiful day. So, I changed out of my grungy, mud covered work clothes and put on an old running TShirt and some pretty frumpy black cotton shorts and a super old pair of sandals. And of course I had my hair up in a ponytail. At least I had makeup on. Naturally, looking so hawt a national TV crew was destined to find me.
Now, we knew Last Comic Standing was in Nashville filming. Our neighborhood's Google board had called everyone to come out at 1:30 to the weenie stand on our street because they were doing neighborhood shots, but we had eaten there yesterday and were working on our house, so we didn't go down. And by this point it was after 3, so they were surely long gone. Um, yeah. Famous last words.
We stopped at the monthly craft fair on our way down, and then Brent stood outside the Ice Cream Shop with Pippin while I went in to get our goodies. The line was RIDICULOUS, as is likely to be expected on such an awesome day. There was an annoying dad and his son who completely held up the process to the point of mass confusion, but finely I got us each a cone and was making my out through the crowd, only to basically kick the SAME annoying kid out of the door to get out of there. And then, Bill Bellamy nearly ran me over. Literally. After a few very loud and pointed "EXCUSE MEs" to the rude kid standing smack dab in the middle of the door, I'm walking down the steps and look up to see a camera crew, and Bill Bellamy running up the stairs to the ice cream shop. I tried to keep my cool because OMG I WANT TO BE ON LAST COMIC STANDING, but as soon as I made it past the camera I looked at Brent to make sure he had seen what just happened!! He told me they had done 3 takes and I was in the 3rd, so I REALLY, REALLY hope my frumpy ass gets on the show!!!! I have a 1 in 3 shot if they take that scene.....He said there were some people sitting in the middle of the first shot, so maybe I am less offensive in my junky clothes.

The filming from Pippin's perspective:








Bill Bellamy is in the green shirt, talking to the camera:








Filming - in the one on the right the cameras are pointed right at me









So then we stood and just watched them for a few minutes. Then we saw this truck of crap go by, and I thought OH NO!, please don't let them get that on tape and document every Southern stereotype imaginable! Luckily they didn't get it on tape, but when Bill saw it go by he yelled out (and I quote) "Hey man, I got some more shit you can put on your truck." It was hilarious. He really is quite attractive in real life. And buff.





So anyway, we've been talking about it ALL DAY!! I mean, we've been on the local news SEVERAL times through running, but this would be NATIONAL. HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE???? Pretty freaking, I'd say. I love not living in the suburbs.
And here's what Pippin thought of the whole experience:












Ok, that's all. Time for bed, real people get up at 5:15am to get ready for work. 'Cuz no one is paying our bills but us!

6 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Dana said...

I am so jealous that you got see Bill Bellamy in person. He is definitely a HOTTIE!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Anne said...

What excitement! And somehow I think you on a bad day still beats the bulk of us on a good day. OK, got my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

That is so cool!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Rich said...

That's cool! Good luck!

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so exciting. You'll have to post when we should watch.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

you guys are superstars! Have fun in Texas!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home