Wednesday, February 20, 2008

15 mins

15 minutes is my max "talk time" before I erupt into explosive coughing fits today. I had to leave THREE meetings today because of my massively embarrassing coughing situation. I just start coughing and absolutely can not stop. A coworker brought me over his only cough drop today, I guess I sounded that terrible. And annoying. So yeah, it hasn't been the greatest of days. I try to basically just rest once I get home, but it doesn't seem to do much good. All around me today I could constantly hear coughs, so I think the whole state of TN just needs a week off. Or some sun and warmth. But we're supposed to have ice tonight, so it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Anyway, here's some new pics of the current wall under construction, when we're not too busy hacking, coughing and blowing.

Here's the opening with all the trim removed before framing:








A couple of studs are up and the door we pulled from between our bedroom and this room is in place:








More studs in place:








And now drywall is up! In this pic, we were actually one stud short on the right side but Brent was able to go ahead and cut the drywall, and we went the following day to get the rest of the lumber we needed so that stud is now in place and the drywall is actually hung.









What a difference it makes, right??!! Pippin is so confused by the new door. That's "his room" where he suns himself on the abundance of couches, so we have to be sure to leave the door open for him in the mornings so his routine isn't disrupted. Here's a pic with Pippin and his new doggie Pez dispenser. It's really not something he cares about, it's just cute. It dispenses dog treats, so of course he likes that.









Ok, time to get some more rest and hopefully beat this dumb cold. I'm sick of it disrupting my sleep, work, workouts and general breathing!!!! Take care!!

6 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Blogger Dana said...

There's definitely something going around in cyberland. Almost every blogger that I have read is battling something right now including me! I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I hope you guys feel better soon. :)

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I hope you feel better soon, Rae. Take care of yourself.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ugh, I've been sick too! I feel ya. Man, I am so impressed every time I see house construction pictures. It's so beyond our capabilities!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Great job on all the house work.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

hi rae!! I've been a bad blog-commenter!

I hope you're feeling better. I have the same thing and it is NOT fun! I think everyone should stay home from work for a week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home