Sunday, February 24, 2008

Why Camera Phones are a Good Thing

Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a great weekend! This one has been ok for us, we're (mostly me) still trying to get over this stupid lingering cold that has absolutely plagued the entire country. I hope this isn't some wretched "I-Am-Legend"-ish disease and we're both going to go crazy and attack poor, innocent Pippin. I would love to have one night where I'm not up for an hour in the middle of the night trying not to lose a lung. Last night I was up from 1:30-2:30 and then from 6:00-6:30 this morning. My middle of the night 'Net surfing options are really starting to get worn out...And as a hacking, couching nasty working out just isn't happening which makes me feel like a fat, old slug.

One of the total lows of the weekend was my Memphis Tigers losing to stupid Tennessee. I can't stand Tennesee football or anything else about them and Tennessee orange makes me dry heave. I dug out my extremely old Memphis State "Welcome to the Tomb of Doom" T-Shirt from their first season in the Pyramid (blast from the past) and even though it's all crinkly and some strange shades of blue I proudly wore it. It was a terrible game, and so close. Maybe this just means they'll play for the championship even harder.

A good bit of additional framing and drywalling got done this weekend, and new electrical run for to the new walls. We have 4 brand new plugs (yay!!!!) and the light switch is all moved over to its new spot by the door. I'll have to post some pics of that later this week.

But for now, here are some fun pics Brent has taken from his camera phone. He's got about a million pics on there and was cleaning through them this week and sent me some of his classics. A good deal of them are taken at our neighborhood unfriendly, wretched Kroger - which just so happens to be a major item of current discussion on our local neighborhood Google boards. It's disgusting, they're rude and hateful, half the produce we buy is spoiled and we just shouldn't have to put up with it. It always reminds me of that Cosby episode where the "lesser" neighborhoods got all the dented cans. We're the dented can neighborhood, which is stupid considering the price of most of the homes in this zip now. The housing market has transitioned, but not our grocery stores. Or the fast food restaurants - we hardly eat at any of them due to terrible service. Tonight we went to KFC, asked to sub a thigh for breasts - were told "NO" even though there's a price for doing that on the menu and the coupon says you can, then were told rudely they didn't have Crispy Chicken. So we just left. But anyway, rant aside here are some classic Brent photos from our neighborhood (and one from my former workplace, his current workplace):

Everything you need for the perfect date night, all in one shelf:
Diet pills, Tooth Whitening Kits & Condoms









Truly, everything you need for Christmas:









Personally, I would skip their meat selection and go for the gift card









Nothing makes me feel more secure than having Nashville's finest bagging my half rotten produce:









This was last winter in front of a small business in our neighborhood. Personally, I prefer my carts to have only been owned once.










I've always complained about sharing my b-day with my older brother. I guess if you share with Jesus you really can't complain TOO much.

9 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Sorry to hear that you're still feeling under the weather. We have Krogers here in Central VA & I have to say they are nothing like what you have to put up w/. Cute cop bagging your groceries though1

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Yowza. Feel better, Rae. The late night coughing fits are never fun.

Love the photos though. Especially the Christmas one with the vast selection of panty hose.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love our Krogers. Sorry to hear/see yours is so bad. :(

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Rich said...

It's being #1. Good luck for later in the season, but not that much luck. My Horns are on a roll, and we need all the help we can get!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I meant, it's tough being #1 ...

 
At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't heard about Kroger since I was little. I didn't know they are still around. Sorry to hear your store is craptastic.
Hope you feel better! Your house is looking great. You need to come down here and work on my house!! ha!!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Rae,

The pictures were hilarious. You have to wonder who would put the christmas signs after Christmas. If you see the green meat in the store, that might tempt you get a gift card instead ;)

hope ur cold get better.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I hope feel better soon. Those pictures are a hoot.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Anne said...

These are priceless...and so telling. I miss Krogers (which we call Ralphs out here). Think about it, who wants to say I'm going to Ralph[s] if anyone wants to join me.

P.S. Enjoy Dallas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home