Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back!

Hey everyone!!! I hope you're all doing great and feeling better. It's crazy how many people out there in blogland are sick. I still felt bad all weekend and then BOOM! on Monday it's like it was just gone. I still have a little crap in my throat, but I haven't had middle of the night coughing fits and thankfully haven't had to suck on any nasty cough drops at work all week. SCORE.

So, feeling good meant it was time to get back to running again this week!! Monday I absolutely tore up my 4 mile run, it felt insane to be running again after 2 weeks of feeling like crap and sticking with the elliptical. I obviously pushed it nicely because I am STILL sore! But I wouldn't trade that for anything, it feels great! I've gotten every workout in this week, and got another (slower) run in today that absolutely hurt because my legs are so sore from Monday's run and Wednesday's tough toning session. Good times!!! I'm looking at the upcoming race schedule to see what's coming up here. I'd like to do a May half, so hopefully I can find something online to sign up for soon. My workouts were going great in Feb until I was sick for 2 weeks, and I still got about half my workouts in when I felt I could without losing my lungs, so I can't be too disappointed in my February.

In other news, we've been wanting to go on a little spring break for a while and we finally booked a short trip to Dallas for late next week. YAY!!! I can't wait to eat some Tex-Mex (or a LOT of TexMex), do some shopping, visit some museums and most importantly TOUR SOUTHFORK!!! I freakin' can't wait!!! I have always wanted to go there. This time next week our plane will be touching down in Texas! YEEHAW!!! It's going to be so nice to get away for a little while, we haven't done much traveling over the last year and a half, but it's time for that to change this year so here we GO! Last year we only saw 1 new state together, which is just not enough! We've got about 13 more of the 50 to see, so it's time to start knocking a few more out.

Happy Thursday and Happy Lost night everybody!!!!!! AND, Happy Leap Day! My boss informed me that since we only get paid on the middle and last of the month that we're working for "Free" tomorrow and that we should certainly leave early, so I am ALL about that!

8 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Have fun in Dallas. If you get a chance head over to Fort Worth and enjoy the Sundance Square area, the Stockyards and the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. As you can tell, I prefer Fort Worth. It's a lot more laid back.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger David said...

Go see Runner Susan or Just12Finish Richie too.

Glad you're snotfest ended so quickly. That's a good thing. Spring training games started today. Maybe there's a connection.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger mouse said...

COW-BOY HAT!

COW-BOY HAT!

sorry, sometimes I forget that you guys live somewhere where they're common. :)

hope you guys have an awesome (and warm) trip!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. Enjoy your trip! You both deserve it!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Dana said...

SO glad to hear you are doing better! Glad some of us is back on the roads tearing them up!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Rich said...

If you have the time, we should round up Susan and meet up somewhere! How long will you be here? Where's Pippin going to go?

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you're feeling better, Rae!! :) Enjoy your time in the Lonestar State!! Bring us pictures!!! :)

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice running! Enjoy Texas and eat some Tex-Mex for the rest of us as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home