Monday, March 17, 2008

Going Green

Happy St Patty's Day!!! I hope you've had a good and safe one! We've been celebrating since last Sat, when we went to a St Patty's party at a friend's house. Her invite said there would be green food and beverages, so in the spirit of the party I dyed my choc chip cookie green. And then our waffles Sunday morning. And then I made shamrock cookies last night....that I also died green. And to top them all, the mashed potatoes on top of our shepherd's pie tonight....green. And now I am officially out of green food coloring! I think at some point Brent was worried I'd be dying my hair green, but I think I'll stick with my Irish themed red. BUT, we do have yellow and blue food coloring, so if worse comes to worse, we can make some green. It's been a great St Patty's 08 and it was much fun giving out shamrock cookies to my fellow green clad coworkers today.

In NOT FUN AT ALL news, we got an email that the Downtown Y THAT I GO TO EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK DURING LUNCH (except Thurs) is going to be CLOSED from April 2 through the 13th!!! WHHHHHAAAAAT???? They're in the middle of massive remodeling and expansion (it'll be double the size when they're done next year) and it's a disaster every day. It looks much like our house - wiring hanging, new walls gone every day, dust everywhere, but who cares???!!! They had said during the remodel that there would be no closed days......but this is super early on and is ELEVEN closed days!!! This really stinks, with everything going on here if I don't get my workout in at lunch, it usually doesn't happen. I think I may just change in the office bathroom and do some working out on the streets of the 'Ville.

We got a lot of good drywalling done this weekend, and a few of the new walls have primer on them now. Yeah!!! We also checked out the new restaurant on our street (MadDonna's) which was totally average, went back to our new Calypso Cafe (which is always awesome), and got a few other things done around the house. I got my seedlings started (indoor) tonight, so hopefully I'll have tons of fresh herbs before you know it!

Ok, that's all! Have a great week everyone!

4 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

bummer about the gym. I did the office bathroom "shower" thing for a long time before finally joining a gym downtown.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Dana said...

My gym is actually scheduled to open in a new location(about 5mins away from the current location & in a bigger bldg.) & your post reminds me that I imagine at some point MY gym will be closing for several days while that happens. Don't these gym owners know that we NEED to get our workout on!..;-)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

That SUCKS! I hope you can find some way to get your midday workouts.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Actually a picture of your hair dyed green would have been cool.

Too bad about the gym, I hope you find an alternative for your workouts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home