Tuesday, March 11, 2008

CSI: Nashville

You know that old saying about "if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes and it'll change"? Yeah, that totally applies to Nashville. Fri-Sat snow, warm and melty by Sat afternoon, Sun it was perfectly spring and Brent was already back in shorts and the last two days have been so pleasant that I've had the kitchen screen door open while I cook dinner in the afternoons. And I am LOVING the new Daylight Savings time!! It really gives me more time after dinner to get Pippin out for a walk, which he and I both need. Brent had a 7 pm photography club meeting tonight, so I made a quick London Broil and roasted green beans and we were finished with supper by 6:30 so once he left Pippin and I went for a mile walk - and it wasn't even dark yet!!! Love it!

Flowers are still in bloom, the quickie snow doesn't seem to have hurt them too badly, oddly enough. We have a tiny little remnant of our snowman left, but it's more of an ice blob, although with our great 50-60 degree temps it's really crazy that any of him is left.

Speaking of......imagine our surprise when I opened the blinds bright and early at 7 am Sunday....only to see our snowman's head no longer on his body - but moved across the lawn, with is hat removed!! Someone had beheaded our snowman!!!!! The horror!!! Personally, I think it's someone we know - a lot of people have trouble figuring out how to get in our front gate, so if you're an a)idiot and b)not that into hurting an innocent snowman you would be easily deterred from this quest. AND, we may (or may not) have rolled some people a few months ago who live a few blocks away and have yet to retaliate..... Hmmmmmm......

Anyway, it was fun watching all the walkers and runners enjoy our snowman over the weekend, and as I was putting the snowman's head back on I had two cars pull over and tell us how great it was, so it was worth it for sure!

No exciting workout news. I did 4 miles today at lunch which went really well, and yesterday I did 15 mins on the elliptical and 20 mins on the machine created by Satan - the stairmill. That thing makes we sweat more than any run ever has, it is purely from the Devil.

Ok, clearly I have nothing interesting to say! Take care!!!!

9 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Off w/ their heads for taking your snowman's head! I agree that's it's nice that you can go out for a run and/or walk in the evenings & there is still plenty of daylight left to do other stuff.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

beheading a snow man seems like a perfectly evil little winter prank. It would have been fun to stake out your yard to see your reaction.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

That's so mean that someone beheaded your snowman and took his hat.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I was thinking of you guys on Sunday when the weather was back to perfecto! Sigh ...

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and week. Today is the first nice day in chicago! Not quite as warm as TN - I'm hoping Tom will come back, but he might stay because it is so warm there! Anyway, sorry to hear about your snowman but at least he was repairable. Talk to you soon.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

It was me and my crazy kids. I confess...I wish. Our weather is coming around here but ever-so-slowly. It's still below freezing.

Say hi to Brent for me! All the best to you guys.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Rae,

Thanks for your comment. You can't believe the amount of snow we got dumped on. It is like in the arctic. Glaciers every where :).

I hope Boston will have nice weather as you say...

Take it easy.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger *jen* said...

Hey there,
I came across your blog last week and have really enjoyed reading it. My bf and I are moving to the Nashville area from FL in the next two months and I can't wait. I'm ready for seasons! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and keep writing!
:) Jen

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Anne said...

This definitely sounds like a case for Grissom, especially since they don't get too many decapitated snowmen in Las Vegas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home