Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mystery PackageS

So, our big mystery package ended up being our car title. I had wished for a new car, right?? When we got the Vibe there was just a few thousand difference between the trade for it and the massive Expy. I am all about keeping my money so we got a little car note and my plan was to pay it off in 12 months, but it did end up taking more like 14 once we got bogged down in the kitchen renovation and I really, really hate spending out of our savings. I know those things are WHY we have money in savings, but I'm an accounting nerd and I prefer to hoard the money at all times. Car notes are the biggest jerks in the world because they're pretty much the only type of loan that will stick you with a prepayment penalty, so anytime we've had a car loan I pay it down to $25 bucks or so since the penalty is enacted on the very last payment you make - so the less there is the less you pay. I guess this particular company felt that was close enough so they sent us the title and she's all ours now. And not paying on it anymore will be a very nice present indeed!! I just refuse to spend a lot on a car, it's so pointless. Everyone wants to bang into it and all they do is depreciate anyway.

BUT, it just so happens there was ANOTHER mystery package. Of which I didn't know about. But she knew about it. And he knew about it. Of course Brent knew about it. And when he said it took a village to make my Christmas, he was pretty much right. But since it's not Christmas I shouldn't tell you what I got yet, right??? All I'm going to say is that it will help me burn calories throughout the new year. And it's something I would've never bought for myself, although I have mentioned them a few times. And it's not a puppy. Or a hat.

Ok, time to head home and mayyybe tonight we will wrap a present. Or not. Because at this point it's just fun to keep pushing it off.

7 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Oh come on! Please tell us. I hate holding all of the suspense of it all.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger David said...

The drama is dripping on your blog. REVEAL!!!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

A present? Must be a tri bike :)

:D..

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Burn calories huh? I dunno - sounds pretty suspicious to me, like something that doesn't go hand in hand with "couch" or "potato".

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

tehehehe I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!!! :)

Fun times. Seriously fun times.

By the way...LOVED the photo in card the card. What a hoot!

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on owning the car. Hope you get something good.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger lainb said...

You have mentioned "them" a few times...so is it in the plural form? ooo...I'm so curious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home