Monday, December 10, 2007

Fashion Crisis

So exactly what do you wear when it's 76 degrees in mid-December? Um yeah, I don't know either. I did wear a T-shirt and flip flops to the grocery store yesterday just because I COULD and we're having a dinner party tomorrow night and we're grilling out the main course and it will be an awesome night to eat out on our deck. It's so bizarre. I felt so odd not wearing a jacket on my round-trip 1 mile walk to the library after work today, and Christmas shopping without a jacket is strange. The neighborhood tour of homes was Sat night and last year we wore our scarves and mittens and ran from house to house to stay warm. This year we walked it in our Tshirts and jeans. Global warming......

The race Fri night went really well. I ran it naked. No watch, no mp3, just me and my thoughts about the year. I wanted to run comfortable and not at that irritating 5K pace where you think you're going to die (which for me is a 7:45-8:00 min mile). I figured I would run around an 8:30 pace and it cracked me up when I did look up my official results on Saturday and my pace was 8:29. Talk about knowing what your pace feels like!! It was nice to run it easy and I was the only person who ran over to high-five some kids who so desperately wanted a 5. The parade was awesome, as always. It lasted about 2 hours and was full of floats and balloon floats and high school bands and kiddie dance teams and local officials. I've got loads of pictures I need to shrink up to blog size.

But, for now I need to get back to getting ready for tomorrow's dinner party. Wouldn't you know the last thing we're making tonight - a no bake strawberry cheesecake (from scratch, not a box) that literally takes 5 minutes to make - we run out of powdered sugar. So Brent ran out to the store like the best husband ever to get it. We were so close to being done!!! GRRR! Hopefully we won't run out of anything important tomorrow night - at our last small dinner party for my b-day I had a last minute fondue crisis and couldn't find the fondue cord. This was back in early October and last week I found it.

Happy warm December everyone!!!

9 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Wow! I wish it was that warm here. Sounds like a great race!

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather down here in Bham is quite the same...next week 50s and 60s again...ugh...is it ever going to make up its mind...need to go self-tan to wear running shorts...

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

send some of that warm our way ;)

The cheesecake sounds great.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Dana said...

I am having the same "fashion crisis" here in the VA. I had just put away all of my flip flops when the Mother Nature decided to throw this curve ball.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Did you say something about naked and reindeer in the last couple of posts?

Glad you had fun. Did you finish with a smile?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Good luck with the party. We're having one at our house in about a week and I've yet to settle on dishes to prepare for the vegans in the bunch. Me and tofu just never get along. The cheesecake sounds delish.

Enjoy the warmth while you can!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger lainb said...

when you said you ran the race naked, I took you seriously for a couple seconds...being that you had just mentioned the lack of clothing required recently with the warm weather. haha

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the party was fun! Congrats on a great fun 5k!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

I can wear flip flops in my area too...just that i might lose a few toes from frost bite :D.

It is freezing here. Not too bad. The regular Canadian Winter.

Look forward to those pictures :)..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home