Friday, December 07, 2007

Giddy-up Rudolph!

W'sup!! Just a quick post because in less than 2 hours I've got a race to run. I decided to sign up for the annual Rudolph Red Nose 5K a couple of days ago. I'm running it for fun and I've made a command decision to not even wear my watch. I couldn't begin to tell you the last time I ran timeless, it's probably around 3.5 years ago when I ran for the first time, ever. This race precedes the annual Nashville Christmas parade and it starts less than 2 miles from our house at the stadium. We start at the parade finish running towards the start, then turn around right before you reach the start and head back to the finish. The race is a half hour before the parade kicks off. I mean, I'd be a total Scrooge not to support a city that kicks a parade off with a race, know what I mean???? I started feeling better on Sunday, but I'd say I'm still only 95% and as far as "aerobically" I'm only back to about 80% following last week's terrible strep throat/flu illness. So tonight it's all about fun, ringing in Christmas here in N-town and closing out my year of running on a semi-happy note. I haven't set a PR in a single distance this year, so why try now???

So here's to parades and running and Nashville and finishing the last race of the year with a smile!

4 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Good luck, Rae. You will do great!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope the race went well. Nice way to start the weekend.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a load of fun! Hope that the race went okay.

BTW Glad you are feeling better.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Rich said...

Glad you're feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home