Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sniff.Hack.Blow.Repeat.

Oh yeah, does anything cap off a long holiday weekend with the fam besides bringing back all their germs? Mmhhhmmm. It started Sunday with a scratchy throat. Monday - more scratchy - to the point I wanted to claw my throat out. Tuesday - more scratchy and congestion. Wednesday - all hell broke loose. My voice was gone and I felt like crap. I tried to make a doc's appointment but I couldn't get in until this morning. I've got some sort of viral infection, possibly strep throat. I'm not exactly the most....cooperative....at being gagged so she didn't get a great test sample from me, but all my symptoms pointed to strep so she's treating me like I have strep.

Blech. I've been so achy all week and had a raging temp. Last night I could hardly sleep and every time I move around I end up absolutely exhausted. I did make it to the gym Mon and Tues but I just did the elliptical because that was really all I could manage. Yesterday there was no way I would've made it, so I went to Walgreens at lunch and bought some over the counter meds instead.

So, if you need me, I'm gonna be on the couch catching up on some TiVo and napping with Pippin, who literally won't leave my side.

10 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Dogs are the BEST! They know when we need them the most. :)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Feel better Rae!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger David said...

Hope you get well soon!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

You gotta love the germ sharing.

Get well soon.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Rest up! I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

lying on the couch..with pippin and tv doesn't sound too bad..

get well soon :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel better! sip the sprite, don't gulp it as my mom used to say!!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you're back to feeling completely human.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home