Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2K7

Yeah, I know I still haven't typed up a marathon volunteer report. Oh well, I'll eventually maybe get around to it. Thanksgiving weekend was way too much of a blur to spend any time on lappy and opening up my Google Reader account gave me absolute chills. All the naploblo whatever that I'm not even participating in makes my Google Reader absolutely explode.

Anyway, here's on Thanksgiving by the pictures......(All nieces and nephews are numbered by arrival. I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews and this holiday we saw nephew #2 and niece #3 at Brent's parents and nephew #1 and niece #2 at my parents.)

Thanksgiving morning "wog" with Brent's nephew. He wanted to take Pippin for a walk from the minute we got there Wednesday night and asked again as soon as I got up Thurs morning so after breakfast we headed out. We did about a mile, walking half jogging half. A cold front had moved in and Thanksgiving day here was coooold. A huge contrast from the mid and upper 70 degree temps we had been enjoying all week. It had been so nice to have the back door open while I was making all my Thanksgiving goodies.








(Contrary to pictures I also played games, read books etc with nephew #2 but Brent didn't take any pictures of that. But it happened, really.)

Brent and I in our Thanksgiving best....At this point Pippin was pretty much already zonked from a day of family and waking up early to play with kids. He's been asleep ever since we got home last night, absolutely dead to the world. I had to pick him up last night to go outside!












Pippin's new best friend..niece #2...until he ate one of her "Chicken Nuggies" that I accidentally dropped on the floor. She had taken one bite and wandered off to play. When I was cleaning up one hit the floor, Pippin ate it, and all hell broke loose resulting in a nap - from which she woke up 3 hours later STILL mad at Pippin. But they eventually made up and she was back to licking him, chewing on his toys and trying to ride him like a horse. Thank goodness he's calmed down now and can take this sort of attention in really good stride.








Brent's favorite series: Aunt Rachel the horse being photographed, getting tired, and becoming a general jungle gym.












































Does light saber fighting count as cross training??? I think so...... (and somehow nephew #1 managed not to break anything....) I guess Pippin classifies as management here since he just enjoyed watching....




























And here's Brent slipping into a photo of Niece #2.









I think we have some "fun pics" of the classic TN past-time of riding 4-wheelers but I'll have to see where they may have been dumped at. Anyway, we're zonked and glad to be home and have one day before it's back to work again to recover and enjoy a nice QUIET house. Last night after we got home we made some spaghetti and curled up on the couch to enjoy a quiet evening. We started watching White Christmas until we got too sleepy to continue so we TiVod the rest of it. I think this holiday season I want to watch more of the classics. (I watched Deck the Halls on the ride back yesterday and that movie was so dumb.) I'm trying to convince Brent we need to learn some of the dance moves from White Christmas but so far he's not biting. Oh well, how many more days until Christmas for me to convince him???

8 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Late Thanksgiving! Looks like you had a wonderful time even if it was cold.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated, Brnt Rae and Pip. I was in St. Louis. Sounds like a god time. I'm impatient with so many kids myself, but Pippin obviously functions well on their level, and you guys seem to love it. Glad it was a good day for y'all.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Danny said...

looks like you guys had fun!

(and now we know that even if brent grows a beard, he still looks like a kid!)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Those are some nice light saber fighting pics. Glad u had a great thanksgiving...

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Anne said...

What fun you appear to be having! And the photo of your family looks perfect for the Christmas cards.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Great photos. You're a cool aunt!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Wow - you need a break from Thanksgiving after that!

Hey, are you two still running in Memphis? I'll be in town late Thursday. Let me know if you'd like to do lunch or dinner on Friday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home