Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mystery Package!

What's up! Less than a week until Christmas people, less than a week!

Here's where we're at: We FINALLY got our cards in the mail last night. This year we ended up being some of "those people" you see on the news mailing their cards in their PJs at 10pm at night. And we took Pippin, because.....why not? We baked and baked and baked all weekend, and some of our goodies have been rolling out over the past few days and the rest should roll out tomorrow. I have yet to wrap a thing that hasn't needed to be immediately delivered. Which means our dining room is absolutely COVERED in packages. And I mean COVERED. There may be a table in there, I'm no longer sure. And I fully intended to start wrapping tonight, it just seemed a bit overwhelming so I decided to wrap all the goodies for my work and Brent's work and just get my office Christmas cards done. That seemed manageable. I think we're mostly done with our shopping. There's a few things I need to pick up for my parents, but we may be done. Actually, I really don't know. It's all just a pile and a jumble.

And then today when I got home there was a sticker from UPS saying they tried to deliver a package but (duh) we weren't home. And we're not expecting anything. And it requires a signature and the box is checked that we can't leave a note. What in the world is it?? And the tracking number is linked to NOTHING and we called them and they don't have any info on what it is. We have all sorts of wild guesses as to it being MONEY or a NEW CAR or the furniture we ordered 6 weeks ago we have yet to hear a thing about. So exciting!!!

I got a good run in today, my first in a week since having "the crud part 2". The irritating thing about it is that exercise makes me feel WORSE! Last week I'd feel terrible after just walking on the dread or using the elliptical, and today I was feeling really good until after my run! I ran moderately at 8:30 miles most of the time and felt fine, but as soon as I was done my throat just hurt and I spent most of the afternoon coughing. UGH! Tomorrow is a swim day for me so hopefully that will go better! Considering the large number of sweets in our house and the cookie trays that are multiplying at work I really need to keep burning the calories!

Obviously I have nothing exciting to say, but I thought I'd log in and update as a way to keep me from my Christmas chores! I hope you're all doing well!!!!!

Rae

P.S. Did anyone else try to watch that terrible "Clash of the Choirs" show?? OMG! We survived 10 minutes before we had to absolutely can that mess!

5 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger brent said...

how could you watch choir when the vikes were playing the bears!!??
:)

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Dana said...

You're one up on me. I have YET to mail my cards out. I only have a few gifts left to get too. One more full shopping weekend til the big day! Glad to hear you had a good run even though you were coughing up a lung afterwards. Doncha luv those mystery packages?..;-) I didn't watch the Clash of the Choirs & after what you said I'm glad I missed it!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Anne said...

I hope the box isn't ticking when you pick it up. Yikes. Good luck finishing all that wrapping. Your living sounds like mine, and mine is the site of a holiday party on Saturday. Eye-yi-yi.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck getting all your Christmas duties done. I hope the mystery package is something really cool.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is the writer's strike so bad they have to resort to stuff like Clash of the Choirs? "RELEASE THE KRAKEN"

Have fun with the Holidays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home