Thursday, August 04, 2005

Toenails are for whimps

Hey! TGIThursday! All day long (until about 5 or 6) I kept thinking it was Wednesday, so imagine my happiness when I remembered it was really Thursday so tomorrow's Friday. Yee haw!

It was a tough day at work for Brent and I (nothing new there), so I was really looking forward to a good workout. Brent had plans to play some racquetball with the husband of one of my coworkers at the corporate gym, so I planned to go along and workout there tonight. He really enjoys racquetball but it's just not my sport. A small room with a speeding ball frightens me. It's so much easier to run for an hour or two. =) So, I did the elliptical for a while chatting away with my coworker Amy about all the fabulous things we love about the working world, along with other bits of woman chatter. It made the time fly by and the program I had set had already cut off before I even realized it. After that we had time for some weights and then it was closing time at the gym. Membership is really cheap, but they close each evening at 8 and aren't open on the weekends so it's not the most convenient but WAY cheaper than a real gym. It's also deserted most of the time. We came home and I did today's Denise Austin workouts (focusing on abs) and had a good stretch with her. I've seem my flexibility go WAY up since I've started spending a few minutes most every day working on some stretching.

Brent is the first member of our fam to suffer the 'black toenail' caused by running. While training for the CMM 1/2 marathon I was lucky enough to not have any foot ailments worse than some nasty blisters and callouses under my feet. Since switching to my Mizunos the condition of my feet has really improved. We think his toenail prob is a result of bad socks and his shoes might not be quite long enough. Tonight he had to drain it and the nail will probably go anytime now. Today he sent me a link to a picture of a guy who had done the Badwater Ultra and I have NEVER seen feet like that. It made my stomach hurt! I have serious admiration for the ultramarathoners, they are amazing people!

Tomorrow's Friday!!!!!

Rae

Exercise: 1 mile a.m. walk with Pippin, 30 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes weight machines, 40 minutes Denise A workouts focusing on abs (and she only references butter once!! Today she focused on taking vitamins and eating your fruits and veggies)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home