Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Strategic Planning

Hey there! TGITuesday! After two days of mega long posts today is going to be a short one. While we were out trekking the Appalachian Trail Brent and I decided we should really hike the whole thing. Yeah, the whole 2,100 miles. Why not?? How many people can say they have walked the whole AT. At this point I am so burnt out on working (in general) that a six month sabbatical would be heaven. It's not that I hate my job, my boss, etc, I just feel like I should have a greater purpose in life than to do spreadsheets and make rich people richer. All I really want to do is run all day. That's it. Unfortunately I don't think Mizuno or Nike are going to call me for a sponsorship deal anytime soon. So, I have a plan to try to get a sponsorship deal to hike the AT and then write a book afterwards. I did some research on the book out there written about thru-hiking the AT and they all seem like crap. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on that and some other business plans I have working in my head.

Tonight we headed over to the gym at work to do some weights. Since we had been gone for the weekend our run schedule is a day off so yesterday ended up being a longer run day and today being more of a rest/weights day. I was able to add an extra weight to each machine, so I was pretty happy about that. Then I came home and did one of my daily Denise Austin workouts from TiVo. (God bless TiVo). I've gotten pretty behind on them so it's pretty overwhelming to see them all on my TiVo now playing list. Tonight we favorite oddball quote of hers was "We're working on your Gluteaus Maximus to make it your Gluteaus Minimus'. I bet her husband cringes every time she opens her mouth. She only made two references to burning butter, which is probably a PR. She has a serious obsession with butter. If it were me I'd talk about cake.

Have a great night!!

Rae

Exercise:
Tues: 1 mile a.m. walk with Pippin, 20 minute stair climber, 20 minutes weights, 20 minutes aerobic and ab workout with Denise Austin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home