Sunday, April 06, 2008

Tigerlicious

Sometimes I stumble just because of my size
But hey y'all that's alright

That's the way God made me

I am what I am

And I can't do nothing bout that

It's hard to get around in a six foot town

When you're ten feet tall everything is so small

I'm always bumping my head


What's up?!?!?!?!?!?

How about them Tigers?????

After Brent slept for 13 hours he was feeling better, we did some chores around the house and then headed south to Brent's parent's house. We watched THE game, cheered for Memphis, and then watched part of the Kansas-NC game. I can't believe Memphis made it to the Final 2!!! I have been "playing it cool" because I am a firm believer in the jinx!! On our way back to Nashville today we stopped in wretched Cool Springs to try to find some Memphis gear. I have at least a good half dozen Memphis pom-poms packed in a box somewhere, but good luck with finding that one.....I totally struck out at about 3 shops before I stumbled into a Foot Locker (Brent and Pippin were waiting outside in the car) where they had Final 4 shirts, hats and gear. I struck out trying to get a big flag to fly in our flagpole, I need to just go ahead and order that stuff now and have it for next year. Two of the three girls working in Foot Locker were originally from Memphis (no one here is actually from Nashville) so we bonded over the team. I've got a Memphis cake (birthday cake that will be carved into the M) in the oven right now and we're planning a yum game-themed dinner for tomorrow night, and I'll probably use a whole bottle of blue food coloring dying everything blue. GO TIGERS!!!!!! It's too bad my parents have retired away from Memphis because I bet the city is going crazy!!! It was always so fun when I was little and they would do well in the tournament. It seems like ages since they've had a great team, but my fam has been fans in the good years and the bad, so hopefully this will be the year!

Anyway, the weekend went way too fast. Today was a special 90th anniversary of the church Brent grew up in so his parents wanted us there for a big homecoming. We saw a lot of people we haven't seen in ages, and one guy our age told us about another couple we went to college with that are going through a divorce. It's so crazy, they seemed 100% perfect for each other, and she's the first person I ever told I was going to marry Brent. She and this guy (A) (who was from Brent's hometown) started dating pretty much when we did, and right after our first date we were out together going for a walk and she asked me how it was going with Brent and I remember looking at her and saying "I'm going to marry this one" and she said she knew she was going to marry A as well. It's so strange to think of them not together. This world can be pretty screwed up.

I hope you all had a great weekend and are cheering for the BLUE AND WHITE tomorrow NIGHT!!!! All I know is a tiger is a helluva lot more ferocious than a brightly colored bird. And if anyone knows how to scrap.....it's Memphis.

3 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

I have Memphis picked on my sheet to GO ALL THE WAY! Good luck!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck to Memphis! I'll be rooting for them here in Washington.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

It should be a good match up! Memphis was fierce against UCLA!! Your team has speed and size (and that's a bit intimidating to me!).

At this point, I'll be ecstatic if we win, but to me the BIG game was on Saturday against UNC. It felt so damn good to beat Roy.

Good luck tonight! And of course, Go Jayhawks!!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home