Friday, March 28, 2008

WhirlyBird

Goodness, has it been almost a week already since I posted??? Good grief!

We had a pretty calm Easter. The highlight was def Brent getting the fun idea to hide the little bowl of plastic Easter eggs I have around our living room and making me hunt for them. I returned the favor and hid them in the kitchen, which is a much tougher place to find eggs!

From there the week has gotten unusual. Someone I work with pretty closely at work got fired bright and early on Monday morning and so the week was a bit strange. Full of drama and craziness, meetings and whispered conversations and just plain exhaustion. Today was her "come back and pack up your office and here's the corp credit card to go out to lunch with everyone one last time" day, so out to lunch we went and the whole day was just beyond draining. We went to Maggiano's, which is just really a bit overboard. Literally the 8 of us prob ate about half of what they brought, which is just crazy. They boxed everything up for her to take home to her family, but it just seemed so wasteful. And since I generally spend my lunch hour working out and then eating a light lunch of leftovers or a sammy, I was toast the rest of the afternoon after all that food. TOAST. But I had a meeting with someone about important stuff that needed to get presented and approved the rest of the afternoon so we muddled through it and "got-r-done". I walked out with my boss (who is great) and he was like HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND RELAX (he knows how much we work on our house) and so that is mostly our plan for this weekend.

Yesterday was a GORGEOUS day here in Nashvegas. I had been "mocked" at work earlier in the week for the long sleeves and dark colors I was wearing, so I slowly introduced spring into my wardrobe (aka short sleeves) throughout the week and went crazy Thursday when it was in the neighborhood of 75 degrees. Thursday I wore short sleeves and skirt without tights, therefore officially ushering in spring. I'm pretty sure the city of Nashville got my memo because all the downtown fountains were turned back on for the season Thurs afternoon! And if anything declares the arrival of warmer temps, that's it. I strutted my pale legs around work all day and I even saw a few coworkers sporting sandals. We've been on lots of evening walks with Pippin this week exploring the neighborhood and checking out other people's houses, enjoyed the porch swing a few times and have had the windows and doors open all the time! Today the weather turned back to "chillier than I'd like" though, which pretty much stinks. It's 45 degrees right now at 11 pm, which is TOO COLD.









Our cherry tree in bloom:









We got a lot done this week on the walls - actually we got finished up. We put on the final bits of mud, primer and paint, I washed a ton of floors, did a dusting (but WOW we still need to dust, it just keeps settling back) and got cleaned up. Drywall dust is something that is just so impossible to clean up. We finally got the dining room a little more organized and it's just nice to have the house a bit more relaxing and not such a construction disaster and massive hazard. We still need to build the closet in the new front room and we already have the lumber (which is currently laying in our floor....) but we're going to work on replacing the baseboards in several rooms first, it just interests us more.












I only made it to the gym twice this week (EEK). Tues was a mess of reports needed immediately on basically no notice, so I skipped lunch, I take a class on Thursdays so I don't normally get to go then, and today was the going away lunch. Hopefully some of our evening walks will offset this lack of calorie burnage!!! BLAH! The whole "gym closed for asbestos removal" starts Wednesday, and I am not looking forward to that at all. I guess I'll try the Uptown (which is still downtown) Y. I think it'll be about a mile roundtrip walk for me, which will certainly cut into workout time since right now I literally walk next door to the Downtown Y!

The weekend has gotten off to a great start. Tom & Nicole were here house hunting for their big move so we got meet up tonight to hang out and have some dinner and have Pippin molest them for a while. Of course right now he is completely passed out. I think he has these massive stores of energy that he saves for whenever people come over. He's a total wild man....Anyway, we're looking forward to their impending move and they are going to be very, very nearby!!!!!

Tomorrow we really don't have any plans other than picking up our curtain fabric that's ALREADY come in and working some on our baseboards. Sunday we're going to the afternoon matinée of Rent. I can't wait!! Then we're having dinner later with a couple of friends I used to work with that we haven't seen in ages. She's been wanting to try Indian food and since that's one of our fave foods we're going to take her to our top Indian spot and just have a good time. And after this past crazy week I'm so glad we had a lot of "fun" built into this weekend!

Happy Weekend!!

6 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Sounds like a busy week. The pictures of the trees are beautiful.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Rich said...

That's a relaxing weekend? Well, at least it's all fun stuff!

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time at Rent.

Thanks again for taking us out, and helping us find a place. I can't believe we'll be living there in about a week - I'm so excited.

Give our love to Pippin - he is so great.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am hoping that eventually you are going to take a rest weekend. I am sure all the hard work will be worth it.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Dana said...

You definitely had a full week. I've been to Maggiano's also & I agree the portions are HUGE! I guess my city(Richmond) didn't get your spring "memo"..It's been in the high 50's here but dropping to the 30's at night.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Soon I hope to show my pale and freckled legs with the warmer weather too! Happy Spring to you.

I think we are a busy couple but you and B make me feel sluggish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home