Wednesday, April 09, 2008

There's no such thing as the simple life....

Happy Wednesday! Or just plain Wednesday! to those of you having blee blah weeks like we are.

There's so many ups and downs right now, I feel like a massive stress bomb just waiting to unload on some unsuspecting soul. Monday was a gorgeous day here in the Mid Tenn. I took my stuff to change in the bathroom at work for an outdoor run and WOW! it was so warm!! I think it was 71 or so and I was really glad I brought my hand-held. I rambled around downtown, did a lot of hills, ran down to check out the overflowing Cumberland River and then headed back to work. As soon as I got home I mowed our insanely tall and green yard before we settled in to watch "the game". Yeah, the ending sucked but it was a great game. I can't say anything bad about them because they are far more talented than I am, but I really hope they spend a LOT of time working on their free throws this summer. At every commercial break we were up washing dishes, getting laundry in and out, etc. I think we felt as ragged as the players by the end!

While we were stretched out on our lawn chairs Monday night post-mow I noticed a strange spot on one of Pippin's eyes. It's this white/gray/clearish dot about the size of a pen tip on one of his pupils. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it's very strange. I made the mistake of Googling it while we were watching the game and it could be anything from a little minor eye infection that needs some drops to a pigment flaw that's harmless to a rapidly progressing eye disease that causes blindness and is very common in Boston Terriers from the ages of 5 to 12. I should never, ever Google things like this. So of course I'm worried sick and we have a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon at 5. It's just not FAIR. He had his whole deal with the luxating patella and knee surgery last year, shouldn't he be clear of any additional problems forever?? And I know I'm blowing something out of proportion that could truly be nothing, but I'm going to be a basketcase until tomorrow afternoon.

Throw on top of that our continuing roof saga. I am going to declare that there are no longer any roofers in Nashville. We may have to import a roofer from some other state, because no one here wants to give quotes or actually work. At this point we don't care if they're an illegal alien, purple with blue spots or if they are a man who thinks he's pregnant, if they can work and have some initiative they'd have the job. Seriously, frustrated. And then, heaven help our insurance adjuster. The man came out Tues morning at 8 to see if we have enough hail damage to get us some $$. He was hoping he could see it all from the ground (??) and then when he did get up on the roof he was up there so long we thought maybe he fell asleep or passed out. Seriously, he was there an hour and a half. He didn't make it sound very optimistic for us, and then about 15 mins after I finally got to work he called and said he had left his notebook on top of his car and could I go outside and see if it's somewhere in the road. Um, yeah. So I told him we were both already at work and he said "oh, it's ok. There was nothing important in there." Yeah, so an hour and a half of walking around on our roof and there's NOTHING IMPORTANT in there??? Could our lives be more odd???

Today another idiot contractor (who won't get our business for SURE) canceled an appointment with Brent for the THIRD (and now final) time and I've pretty much cooked a sucky dinner for two days in a row. Thank goodness there's a fresh tub of ice cream in the fridge for us to chow on in a minute. But it's gorgeous outside and we've been taking Pippin on nice long walks and everything is all green and bloomy. And it could be worse, we could be homeless and have to sleep under the interstate overpass where it smells like pee. And where I hit a pigeon yesterday with my car. Watch out animals, I am having an off week. I'd just like a cup of simple, please.

So anyway, ramble and whine over. It's time to give Pippin a bath. I have an odd thing where when we have a vet appointment I like him to be super clean. OH, and congrats to the Lady Vols for their win!! We caught the last few minutes of it last night after I finished paying the last of our business taxes for the year (yay for that being done!!!). Have a great Thursday everyone!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I sure hope Pippin's eye is ok. My fingers are crossed. :)

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Jack said...

It's good to vent once in awhile. Ditto on Pippin's eye!

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Byler B said...

I came across your blog and love it! I hope your dog's eye is ok!

*Peace

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a week! I hope Pippin is okay, and you have found someone to do your roof. I would volunteer as I'm unemployed but have no clue how to do it.

Anyway, hope all is well and you are not too stressed out.

And, Scooter says he is excited to meet Pippin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home