Saturday, June 23, 2007

Yeah!!!


Yay!! I had a great time at the 5K for Fatherhood this morning. I was the 3rd overall female!! (but they only gave overall awards one deep so I got 1st in my division). My time was 24:39 (unofficial) which I think is 3 seconds slower than my time there last year and my 5K PR is 24:06 (I think) but I never PR in the summer and since I've not had the best racing times this year I am super pleased!! That's a 7:50 pace, according to my Garmin. It was hot and muggy but I am super happy! I expected around a 26 min time, but I blew that outta there! Full race report to come later, I gotta shower and get ready for Flugtag!!

9 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to Go! It was very hot and humid this morning. That makes it even sweeter!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

GREAT job, Rae. Congrads1

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Oh that's fast! Congrats!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger susie said...

Wahoo Rachel!! And the new bike looks great, too:)

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Yeah!! Nice job with the first place AG finish.

Flugtag looks like a hoot.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Way to go Rae! 3rd overall female AND 1st Age group... That's awesome.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Go, Rae, Go! So good to read a little good news after some of those last posts where everything seemed to be going wrong. Maybe that's the trick to running so fast in the heat and humidity.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Jack said...

A great time for a hot and muggy day, be proud!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Theoutofshapeguy said...

CONGRATS LADY! When is our next run together?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home