Saturday, June 09, 2007

Total Immersion feedback?

Hey!! I'd like to become a semi-decent swimmer - aka not look like an embarrassment in the lap lanes at the gym - and I was wondering if any of you had positive/negative feedback on Total Immersion. What's the best way to become an actual semi-ok swimmer??

OK, it's probably about time for a shower considering I smell like a mix of gym sweat-chlorine-dirt from the yard-Pippin-and house dust. I've gotta get jazzed up for the art show tonight! Yee haw!! (Oh wait, wrong event. BTW, for the second night in a row we were woken up by the end of the night fireworks at CMAfest. Two more days to go........)

Rae

Exercise-
Friday - 4.2 miles run, 1 mile walk with B&P
Saturday - 2.5 miles run, 10 mins StairMill, 6 laps outdoor pool

3 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out the same thing about swimming-I'll be interedted to hear what you find out!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a swimmer by any means. I learned how to swim as a kid purely as a survival skill. That said, last summer I picked up a copy of the Total Immersion book and later bought the DVD. I have found it helpful in that is presents the mechanics of swimming in a different way. I would recommend it but the bottom line I have found is that you still have to spend a lot of time in the pool.

Total Immersion has weekend workshops. They had one in the Nashville area the weekend of the Country Music Marathon. I just checked their site and they are coming back to Nashville (Brentwood), in August and December.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Danny said...

I read the book, and was using it last winter. I thought it was pretty good, and I was definitely learning from it. It gives you drills to do, to kind of relearn how to swim with good form. as david says you still have to put a lot of time in, but the key is to learn to do it right.

i've heard the videos are good too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home