Monday, June 04, 2007

What a Sub-4:00 mile looks like

We were lucky enough to be able to attend the Music City Distance Carnival put on by TNRunning Saturday night and see some truly awesome athletes compete in various 1 mile and 5K events (we missed the steeplechase, which I really wish we had gotten to see!!). I've never been to an event like this before, and WOW, have we missed out!! This pic is of the winner of the Men's 1 mile event, clocking in under 4 minutes. Truly amazing sight. In all, I believe 3 guys squeaked in under 4 and several more were right at 4. The bright flash is another photographer's camera going off, which I think makes Brent's pic even cooler!!! More pics of the event and the other festival we (sort of) got to go to later. Have a great Monday everyone!

9 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Big Jay said...

I am amazed that it's humanly possible to run that.freakin.fast.

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great photo...timing is everything!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice pic! I bet you guys had a blast! By the way, I was thinking...I have a cure for the marathon burnout for you...it's called...swimming and biking. And then triathlon. ;) You would love it!!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

WOW!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

I thought for a second that was Brent in the photo.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is a very cool picture. It sure does look fast.

The kitchen is coming along nicely.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jenniferlyn said...

Yeah that sorta puts my sub-12's to shame, eh? sub-4's? CRAZY.WICKED.FAST.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

very cool pic!
Oh to be that fast....

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger David said...

front page photo.

4 minutes. phew. that's flat out fast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home