Monday, May 28, 2007

It's only a day.....awaaay!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow

Clears away the cobwebs,

And the sorrow

'Til there's none!

Tomorrow!! Tomorrow!! Tomorrow's the big day when (supposedly-allegedly) the cabinet installers come and help clear away some of this mess! It hardly even seems possible. It doesn't even seem real that two months ago we had a dog ugly kitchen and have been working every single day to demo and rebuild it. It's crazy talk. Ridiculous. Insane. Exciting. What a day. What's it even going to be like to have an oven again? Cabinets? Storage??? COUNTER SPACE??? I've gotten pretty good at being so coordinated that I can pour a glass of whatever in the floor and grab it before Pippin's massive tongue can have a lap.

They've said it will take two days. I'd love for them to get the oven and Advantium installed tomorrow so we can cook something in a REAL oven for a change. I've avoided watching FoodTv for the past two months (in part because we haven't really watched TV) and since watching a few this weekend I am dying to REALLY cook again.

We got to do some relaxing this weekend as we finished up the final touches. Brent's parents came to help Saturday. Brent and his dad relocated the gas line to where the island will be and did some other minor repairs, while his mom and I worked in the yard all day planting flowers and weeding. I'm so excited for all the things I've planted so far. I had wonderful gardens at our old house and it sucked not to have them last year. To me, home grown flowers just make a table. I also had to fire our milk man (long story) and we had to have an air conditioner repair guy come out (at double cost) Saturday. Another long story. But it's all worked out grandly because the air is back on and it's nice and cool inside - which is important because it's been bright, sunny and nearly 90 degrees every day this weekend.

But there has been fun times!! We watched Blades of Glory, went out to have Indian food (yum-o), brunch at Marche, met B & B at the dog park (where Pippin ALWAYS provides much entertainment), planted our vegetable gardens (expect many tales of zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, herbs, eggplant, okra, lettuce, and squash this summer!), went to the Farmers Market and did some feet propped on the coffee table TV watching. An awesome Memorial Day weekend.

So, here are some final pics of the kitchen (and the obligatory Pippin sleeping in the middle of it all pic). Hopefully the next ones will include some cabinets.





















5 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

FLOOR ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are gorgeous! I can hardly believe the transformation. Those are stunning! Well done you guys!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger lainb said...

[gasp] I'm soooo jealous of your garden!! fresh okra...mmmmmmmm!!

lovin' the look of that fridge.

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The floors are beautiful!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

so exciting! Can't wait to see the cabinets!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh man that looks gorgeous. I would hate you if I didn't know how hard you guys had been working on that. I just don't think hubby and I could ever attempt something like that.

You rock!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home