Monday, May 21, 2007

Excuse the yawn

She says baby
It's 3 am I must be lonely
When she says baby
Well I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes
Says the rain's gonna wash away I believe it

So, change the time to 4 am and you sort of have how we started today/ended yesterday. I don't remember the last time I stayed up until 4 am to do ANYTHING. There have been several times I've gotten UP at 4 am for races and flights and stuff like that. And let me tell you, Brent and I will laugh about ANYTHING at 4 am. Especially the state of our hair and a need for deodarant. For only an hour and a half of sleep last night I'm functioning pretty well at work today, and this yummy chicken lasagna I got upstairs in our company cafe is helping greatly! I did fall asleep briefly in the bathroom and may have zoned out from 9-10 am, but I'm getting it done!

Anyway, we're still not quite done laying the hardwoods, but at 4 am we were still probably 2-3 hours from being finished and the remaining section had quite a few intricate cuts around the chimney in our kitchen and along the back wall, and we decided to rent the razzle dazzle hardwood nailer Tues night and finish up then. (Because tonight is all about the season finale of 24 people!!! We are actually going to SIT DOWN AND WATCH IT. DON'T CALL US, WE WON'T ANSWER. DON'T SCREAM FOR HELP OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE, WE WON'T HELP YOU. We are going to RELAX. And watch Jack Bauer kill some people, hopefully his dad. And save the world. And probably get a new love interest. And possibly wake the president from a coma. All in a day's work for JB. I wish he could help us with our remodel.) The hammer thing was due back by 6:30 am, anyway.

The floors look AWESOME. Special thanks to our neighbors for not calling the cops on us as we drilled, ripped, sawed and otherwise manhandled boards on our deck until 4 am. And I'm fully expecting Pippin to have ripped our sofa to shreds by the time we get home as he was NOT happy about the noise we were making or our repeated double-team of pouncing on him and scaring him awake. Hey, if we don't sleep, HE doesn't sleep!

Anyway, my chicken lasagna is nearly gone and so is my lunch time! Exciting pics of the awesome floor to come at some point in the future!!

9 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to those hardwood pictures! we don't have to look at them at 4am to appreciate the humor do we?

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger lainb said...

I'm exhausted just thinking of that...how in the heck you made it through the workday on 1-1/2 hours sleep is beyond me!! (of course, that's just ME -- the one who REQUIRES at least 9 hours to fully function! haha).

can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Bring on the pics, girl. Can't wait to see the hardwood..msut be a lot of hard work..

oh 24.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Pictures, pictures! It's great to have awesome neighbors.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Wow, you guys are working your @sses off!! Take a break!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Theoutofshapeguy said...

You fell asleep in the bathroom! Wow! When are you going to show us pics?

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Hooray for the floor being almost done. You really must have some very nice neighbors or there all old deaf people.

And a great big Happy Birthday to Brent.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger D said...

You guys are workaholics. You are always welcome to come to my house and practice on home improvement stuff!

Tell Brent Happy Belated Bday and he shares a bday with the cutest kid in the whole wide world (no bias here) - my gs0n!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Runner Susan said...

Am awaiting floor pics . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home