Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Where to Begin???

What's up!!! I hope everyone is having a great week so far! There's so much to talk about but I just don't have the time to do so these days. With beautiful weather who wants to spend a bunch of time on a computer when that's what you do ALL DAY LONG???? I haven't opened my Google Reader in daaaays, and I'm a little scared of what's going to happen when I do.

Here's the short version of the past week:
Saturday: We ran 12 miles on what I call "The Music Box Run" - aka our quest to scope out all three of the new speakers installed inside traffic signals boxes. One by the Symphony Center plays symphony music, the one by the Country Music Hall of Fame plays country and the one by the "park where all the homeless hang out" plays random, loud music. It's weird - I mean really a strange thing. Is it safe to BLARE music at busy tourist filled intersections??? They already wander out into the road like the whole walk/don't walk thing is a foreign thing. But anyway, I have pics from the run I'll have to post later. And yes, I did conduct the "symphony in a traffic box" for all the traffic and tourists at the corner of 4th and Demonbreun Saturday morning. I just had to!

The rest of the weekend was beautiful!! It was hot and in the upper 70's and has been ever since. It's 77 in our HOUSE right now so it's probably about time to turn the thermostat over from heat to air. All the ceiling fans are going these days and it is NICE. I'm in a tank top and shorts right now, yeah!!!!! We went to the dog park, went for long walks, went to the art gallery, went to an art show and worked in the yard all weekend. Of course there are some great pics to share from all that, too.

Monday we had a fab dinner with friend S and yesterday cabinet guy came and measured for our cabinets! In the meantime we've bought our new gas cooktop (got an awesome deal!) and it should arrive tomorrow. We have also picked out the single oven and the Advantium we want, and now we just have to buy it! I also did our taxes this week and we are getting a FAT refund! Yay for selling our house, paying a lot of interest on this one, giving a lot of crap away as well as a decent amount of money, yay for sales tax on new cars and for 401ks and all the other stuff that helped us last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!! It also makes us happy that our refund wasn't really from overpayments but from all our extraordinary events last year. As a CPA I really do try to "break even" on our taxes - there's no need to overpay the Gov all year.

Other exciting news - Brent's very first art show is this weekend!! He's showing in the Untitled show here in Nashville. You only get to show one piece, so hopefully we have picked "the right one". I like it anyway! If you're in Nashville and are looking for something to do Friday night come on out! It's one night only. His next show should be more of a gallery show, probably in June.

Anyway, I need to run and get my workout in. With Brent's show Friday night and with ING being next weekend we didn't sign up for the Tom King half this weekend. I do plan on running down and cheering, watching the fasty-fasts and getting a few miles in myself. I know it would be dumb of me to run the half this weekend because I'm not one to take it easy!! I hope I see some of you guys out there!

OH - and if you want to take on Pippin in this year's NCAA pool head over to Barb's and sign up. He made his pics last night......and well - I'm not so hopeful for him this year. According to Pips Florida is going down in Round 1. He REALLY has a long shot for his winner!!! But, last year he certainly cleaned up!!
Take care!!!
Rae

6 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Rae, those temps sound AWESOME!! I envy you. Enjoy your time outside in it.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Oh no Pippin! 16 never beats 1! lol I have no clue what the hell any of this stuff is but I am sure my picks will all win ;)

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Barbs, and also a facebook one. Problem with the facebook one, there's some weird glitch that prevents me from picking winners in the earlier rounds of one of the regions. There is, however, FWIW, a "randomize" button, so you don't have to do any picks.

So, ummmm...any other SIU Salukis fans out there?

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I got my picks in and I don't have too many surprises.

good luck with Brent's artshow! what fun. Wish it was closer!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger David said...

You could run part of the half bandit and still see the fasties.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger brent said...

sounds like a fun weekend coming up. ps i dont know how you guys did all of that house shopping and fixing-up, its totally stressing me out!!!!!!!!!! i think i need to take a class on how to survive purchasing your first home :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home