Friday, March 09, 2007

Sprung

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful start to your weekend, and hopefully you had some similar weather to ours today! It was a wonderful 75 degrees today, bright and sunny! Too bad most of it had to be spent at work and more of it couldn't be spent just stretching out on the deck. Our daffodils have been in bloom for about a week and a half now, and all the trees are starting to bud and bloom. Our giant hackberry tree in the backyard had some sort of strange buds earlier this week that attracted an absolute gaggle of birds who ate them and promptly pooped them back out ALL over our deck. Our grass has gotten so tall this week we're going to have to mow already! Ah, spring. When I got home today at 4:30 it was absolutely beautiful. I changed into jeans and Pips and I sat on the front porch swing until Brent got home around 5:30ish. All of our neighbors were out and about. I got two cat calls from passing cars and one redneck squealing tires in his Camero. I've still got it. We saw J running, then Mrs J on her way home and later we stopped and chatted with a different J while we walked Pippin. It must've been the afternoon of "J"s in the hood. We took Pippin for a looong walk and just enjoyed watching everyone else enjoying the evening - the outdoor seating at all our local pubs was overflowing and all 50 people who live in the "run-down-looking-house-where-50-people-live" were sitting outside.

It's been a good week workout wise. I've got 18 miles so far this week and ran on all 4 planned days. Tomorrow is supposed to be a big rain event, so this week's long run may be pushed to Sunday, we'll just have to see. Just two weeks and a day until ING Georgia! Am I ready? Not so much, but I'll have fun. No goals, just me and my nano. Since I rarely ever run with music it's going to be SO awesome to turn my tunes on and just sing for 4 and half-ish hours among the streets of Atlanta. My plan is to lose myself in my fave songs and take it step by step. The most important thing is we plan enough time to properly clear out IKEA. Everything else is secondary. And if there's a Crate and Barrel in Atlanta - well, that's going to be a priority, too!

In house news there's a lot going on in this old (former) slave house. Next week there's an interior person coming to measure out the kitchen so we can start selecting cabinets and drawing that remodel out. The following Monday the architect is coming to measure out the upstairs and start drawing out the expansion. We're really excited to hear her ideas. It's going to be crazy here this summer! I'm going to start looking for a doggie daycare for Pippin - he will lose his mind if he has to be crated while contractors go in and out all day. The move nearly sent him to the big house. And most importantly we're going out with friend S on Monday night to see her hot new BMW. =)

I truly have nothing else interesting to say, not that any of that was interesting! My belly is stuffed absolutely beyond full with awesome Indian food right now and I clearly can not think clearly!!!!

Happy Spring!!

Rae

15 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

I've been following your progress and you are TOTALLY ready for ING Georgia.  Have fun in Atlanta!

And don't buy too much at Ikea.  That stuff all has to be assembled you know.

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always placemats. I got some there (in San Diego)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger David said...

Spring has arrived and it's the best time of year.
I only hope for a little more coolness two weeks from Sunday. Can you order up some high 40s around 7 a.m?

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Your flowers look great. Can't wait till the daffodils begin blooming here in Jersey... they haven't even sprung up through the dirt yet! It's been in the 20s and 30s for high temps all week. Aaaaarrrgh. But at least it's getting warmer...50's are forecast for the bulk of next week! Yee-haa!

Rock on!

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather sure has been great!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Hi Rae! I'm just catching up after being sick, so in no particular order: Look at Pippin, so healthy and virile! I love the new paint in your kitchen! I'm jealous of your weather (huuuh? I'm in California!) and, also, I'm ready for you to run the marathon, so you must be too. :)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Sounds like a busy week for you too! Georgia will be a blast! I am sure the tunes will keep you having fun the whole way!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Anne said...

You sure the catcalls weren't for Pippin? (That part of your post cracked me up!)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

of COURSE you still got it, was there ever any doubt?!? If only I had a porch swing...
:)
Make sure you get us your race number so we can follow you! two weeks! that's so soon!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Crate & Barrels:
Lenox Square
3393 Peachtree Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30326
(404) 239-0008
Mon-Fri: 10 am - 9 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 7 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 6 pm

Perimeter Mall
4400 Ashford-Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30346
(770) 671-9797
Mon-Fri: 10 am - 9 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 7 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 6 pm

North Point Village Shopping Center
7300 Northpoint Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30022
(770) 569-7737
Mon-Fri: 10 am - 7 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 7 pm
Sunday: 12 pm - 6 pm

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Because I care :-)

Out of three, this is the closest to Ikea
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/linktodirs.adp?mo=ma&2si=navt&un=m&go=1&2gi=ZHLkIbC15K0%3d&1a=%5b355%2d399%5d%2016th%20St%20Nw&1c=Atlanta&1g=CkpaEBJ7e%2f43ENcawEPXUA%3d%3d&2a=3393%20Peachtree%20Rd%20Ne&1l=ksTpIfTesQwQwjOyEEuVRg%3d%3d&2c=Atlanta&1rc=B3AAA&cl=EN&1n=FULTON%20COUNTY&2g=jIDUr%2fQjcOH9RYyGto1RDw%3d%3d&qq=IEaKSvfsRsoEUP0r5eJRzX7qYmW%252bAyeyu905axu%252bdI8ROj9lOJzKDZxGoV2lcYx4FuXX%252fl4y8MkvtbPID4x1KIrPSUFUt4v4YYBaF0IloWLlL%252bH0%252bjBHuWVpmM9Tp3fBArMcEmYTfq6CpyTk7W0ibUrNmc0gJfFQBMggoYL0wsSit3thJSypGiL5tFianeY7UlIQrWPY7m9zMsycHrGekplnHklhEU3WLU2SUt3lgNiQ4XfSYxmvkNW1A7tqIb%252b0wNufPvvV%252f3yofsvxfC6zrTtO1JtxFL5ABZzHE%252bA3oyVELvVyEmVNG0zbLzaRr%252bihb08uQQc1onmma5AmisaLikSP6AuX%252bdiesEJ1WWPgSs05PzIGzRKDtz0oZQyadhbmL75%252b5O26o08doEl8RhzAeeT38d6ukANkdaOi17qeY127ZTiYVy%252fLQA%253d%253d&1s=GA&2l=WXUZBFn2spMxiDkRNBrI4Q%3d%3d&ct=NA&1v=STREET&2n=FULTON%20COUNTY&r=f&1y=US&1z=30309&2s=GA&1si=tana&2rc=L1AAA&2da=%2d1%2e000000&2v=ADDRESS&did=1173708992&2y=US&2z=30326%2d1162&rsres=1&ms=33.821023|-84.377707|10|771|671|street

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger little chief said...

Hello Rae, long time reader first time commentor!
I have to confess I don´t have as much time now to read your blog (before I had a dull job and ALOT of time),but I thought, um I wonder how Pippin is doing? So pleased to see he is up and about (yes as you can tell I´m really not up to date). Anyway keep up the good work and good luck in Georgia.
Karen

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

IKEA is awesome. The weather in your area sounds AWESOME.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Rich said...

At the rate you're going, there's an accident waiting to happen in front of your house!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We've been thrilled enough with temps in the 60's for a couple of days. I couldn't imagine the joy I will feel when the 70's come along. If it gets too hot send some heat up to the northwest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home