Thursday, February 22, 2007

44,000 crazies

Hi all! I wish I could tell you the rest of Brent's weekend improved.....Sat morning's stomach bug became Sat evening's stomach bug. Sunday he felt better, and even walked with Pips and I the 1 mile round trip journey to get coffee. It was bright and sunny and in the low 20's. The sun can be SO deceptive. That afternoon he was helping me paint in the kitchen when he slammed his head (guillotine style) in between the legs of our antique kitchen table. MAJOR ow. I'm not sure WHY he stuck his head underneath it like that to push the legs together as we were removing the extra leafs, but he now has a purple ear on one side and a big knot on his head on the other. I had visions of me having to call 911 to have them help me remove my husband from the table!

And FINALLY it has gotten warmer here in Mid TN! Monday our temps climbed nearly 40 degrees and yesterday it was SEVENTY on my way home!! The past couple of nights I've had the back door wide open while I cook dinner, and Pips is loving playing in the yard. Saturday is going to be perfect for a long run. We're not trying to race bandit or news bandit this weekend, we're just going to run the CMM training run with the local running club. They're doing 18 miles so we're going to start from our house and run to/from the stadium which should give us 21 miles. The hardest part will likely be us getting up and running so early - the training run starts at 7. Ugh. BUT, having the company of prob 80-100 other runners as well as water/Gatorade will help a LOT.

This week I hit over 44,000 visits on this blog!! Is that ridiculous or what?? In Feb of last year I was super excited when I hit 10,000, so to think 34,000 people have visited in the past 12 months is just insane. Who are you people???? On Monday alone I had 162 hits.......it blows my mind to think that people find our odd little adventures interesting. It's always strange when I find people who link here that have never left a comment or said hello. I know it takes a lot of time to comment, and I'm certainly getting worse about it myself but all comments are appreciated. Well, maybe not all comments. However without this blog I would've never know that I was a total racist since I found a certain political ad to be more annoying than offensive or that I have zero taste in reviewing Italian restaurants and should stick to reviewing Indian restaurants because they don't want my business anyway. Who knew?? So anyway, thanks for your visits and I assure you our strange adventures will continue for many, many years. Drop a comment! If we ever get our email going where we can respond to people again I just might drop you a line!

Lunch time is over, so I'll chat at you later!!

Rae

15 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger chez bez said...

That's a lot of hits! I seem to have topped out at about 50 a day and a comment or three every few posts or so.

Have a great week.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Congrats on 44,000!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

WOW! You are really popular! Congrads!!

I hope Brent feel better. It sounds like he had a very rough weekend.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

I'm one of the crazies! :) Keep it comin'!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

You have one of the better running blogs, so I guess I'm not surprised.

My favorite post so far is the last race bandit story.  Good photos, too.

Brent has to watch where he sticks his head.  (Don't we all.)

Good luck on the 21 miles.  Enjoy the gatorade and the nice weather.

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

44.000, whew!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Rockytop said...

I'm one of the crazies too:) I worked with Brent at T&T a Looooong time ago. I am not a runner, but your posts are thoroughly entertaining!! Keep up the good work!
-Tia

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Not only do I check your blog, but you guys made rockstar appearances in my dream last night...

I think things like getting your head stuck keep it interesting enough to come back and see what other zany predicament you will get yourselves into next...

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger seagull junker said...

wowzzer a crap load of hits... But I can see why.

ughhhhh, getting up early. I am terrible at it also. But it is a great motivator to run with others. How fun.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Head smashed in the table? Ouch!!! That's alot of hits, I don't even know how to check how many I've had.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger iJuls said...

80-100 runners for a training club run! Wow! That's huge.

Sorry to hear about Brent's latest owie. I am sure you can help nurse him back to health.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

DAYUM GIRL. You're popular. :)

How'd the mass training run go today? And are you kids doing both the Atlanta and CMM full?

Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few short months!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger David said...

Now that you've changed employers I predict your visitor count may drop slightly. It was a veritable "Office" in the blogosphere to read what zaniness you put up with.
The adventures you and Brent get into will keep your loyal fans, for sure; me being one of them.
Four weeks from today!
We need to make plans....

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Count me among the many. That's a lot of hits. I wish you 44,000+ more.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Guess that makes me one of the 44,000 crazies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home