Thursday, January 25, 2007

A year

A year ago I was packing to get ready for Miami to run my very first marathon!! As cold as it is outside right now I really wish I was packing to go there now! But, if I can't be there I'm glad Danny is. Pop over and wish him good luck in the half on Sunday. Also good luck wishes to Jack who is planning to do a 50K this weekend if it's not snowed out and Terry's running a 10 miler in Knoxville. And good luck to anyone else who I may have missed!

This week has flown by! It's been freezing cold and we've basically been in indoors hibernation. Somehow our gas (heating) bill was $300 last month. LAST month - when everyone was talking about global warming and cherry blossoms in DC. I don't think I even want to know what the next bill is going to be. They might as well just keep one of my paychecks. We've dropped the temp two degrees and have a constant supply of fleece on hand. We're supposed to have some temps in the teens next week. UGH!

Pippin is continuing to improve and today's he's really started using his leg. We downloaded a lot of the pics of his leg post surgery and I'll post them this weekend. I've been getting a ton of hits of people looking for info on luxating patella and recovery, so maybe it will help someone. Saturday is the beginning of our 5 minute walks. YAY!

I've been getting my workouts in every day and we're planning to run long this weekend. With the Georgia Marathon coming up at the end of March it's time to turn up the training. I've been upping my weekday runs all month and they're where I want them to be, now it's time to work on the weekend long runs. I still haven't signed up for the Country Music Marathon/Half in April yet. I know I want to do it - I just CAN'T for the life of me decide if I want to do the half or the full. Every day I change my mind back and forth. Today I'm full and yesterday I was half. Closer to the Georgia marathon I think I'll know which way I'm leaning, but I'm worried the half will sell out since it's capped at 17,000 this year.

Have a great weekend everyone!

WIDTW-
Mon - 45 mins Killer Butt
Tues - 4.5 mile run, 20 mins hips/thighs
Wed - 3.5 mile run, 20 mins abs
Thurs - 4.3 mile run, 20 mins thighs

6 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Register for the full. If you can not do it, go for the half. That's all you can do.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Dang you guys are going to Georgia, too? That's 6 people now that I know are going to be there. I feel the pull more and more. Maybe GA will be #10. Arggghhhh!

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Jack said...

You've come a long way in a year, wow!

Glad Pippin is doing well.

Go for the full marathon, you can always treat it as a long (i.e. training) run if you aren't having a good day.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

You could always sign up for the CMM Half, and then upgrade to the full if that's what you decide in the end. That's what I did last year. I think I may do the half. I'm not even considering the full, though! I'm actually tossing around the idea of Chicago.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I'm glad that Pippin is doing well. It's crazy that it's been a year since your first M. You know, I reread your posts about the Miami marathon a bunch of times leading up to Philly. You did so well and it seemed like you enjoyed it. I tried to emulate your experience. I wanted to enjoy Philly--and I did.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger David said...

A year ago right now I was a little sore. Make that a lot sore; but I had just finished my first marathon.

Time to ramp up those long runs. I have 20 next weekend. 22 the following. Everything feels good.

Glad you had a good weekend as I am sure Pippin did too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home