Thursday, January 04, 2007

It still looks a little bit like Christmas

Hey guys! I can tell everyone is back in their normal routine because my Reader account has EXPLODED!! I think I laughed out loud today when I hit refresh and it went from something like twelve to over sixty! Welcome back!

Since I've last posted it is now 2007! Woo hoo! After finishing the gargantuan hardwood floor project we spent the rest of our week off relaxing. (On a side note, the floors costs us right at $400. The price quoted to us to have someone else do them was $700, which wouldn't have included repairing a large messed up section, so make that estimate more like $850-$1000 and either way we saved a load! If the stupid floors had not been painted the whole project would have cost us right at $200!!! I want to know who painted those floors!!) SO, we've started the fun and totally overwhelming task of shopping for new bedroom furniture. We spent Saturday going to all kinds of great antique shops on the 8th South Neighborhood and then had a late brunch at Marche, near our house. OMG, that place is so good!!! I had a spinach and mozzarella omelet and Brent had some amazing French toast. The food was SO fresh and awesome. They also have all kinds of fresh meats and cheeses for sale as well as some other specialty items. We did some other shopping the rest of the weekend and just had a good time, we even got to hang with S at our fave place (Alleycat).

And then.......it was time for my first day at the new job! So far I really haven't done much. Tues and Wed were orientation. There were 14 other people in the "new kids" class, so at least I had company. The org I work for now is HUGE, and over our 2 days we got a 2 hour walking tour of the company - and still saw very little! So far the new job has been great. Everyone is really, really nice. I still don't a clue what all I'm going to be doing, but so far so good. I was even a little "lost" in the massive parking garage yesterday and someone asked me if I was new and offered to help me find my car. Crazy!! My new company has its own dry cleaner in house and even its own zip code with our own post office inside. The only thing I miss about the old place is seeing Brent every day, and a couple of other people.

Working out.....I've been doing it. I actually haven't missed a day since before the end of last year. There's just nothing terribly interesting to say about it. I am going to spend a little less time this year just "logging miles" and more time toning and really shaping up. I've been focusing a lot on toning and stretching over the past week, as well as some light running. I've been in the best shape when I log moderate miles and also have time for toning. And with the new job I should have a lot more time in general!! I am so excited about leaving long hours and my old work lappy behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pippin......No real update there. He was too scared of the ramp Brent built for him to get on the couch, so Brent made a new small "staircase" for him with the pillows from our loveseat so he can now get up on the couch with us as he pleases. He's still not walking on the one leg, occasionally he will put a little bit of weight on it when he's just standing. We go back to the vet on Saturday. Since he hasn't had any real improvement I'm not sure what they will say, if we should go ahead and have surgery for him or wait a little longer.

Besides another trip to the vet this weekend it will be time to take down the Christmas tree. We don't turn it on anymore, but I haven't seen much point in taking the ornaments down when we'll have to take it to the recycle site and we wouldn't have time to do that until Saturday anyway. Brent did take the garland down from the fence today. I also got rid of all the remaining Christmas leftovers yesterday, so now there's lots of space in the fridge again.

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

9 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger David said...

Happy New Year Rachel.

Saturday is the official religious end of Christmas so you're good with the tree until then. Turn it on so the kings can find their way.

I look forward to catching you guys in a couple months up closer to you than to me.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Your work has its own zip code...whoa!! I hope the transition goes well and have an easy week adjustment. Change is good!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Rhea said...

I hope Pippin gets better soon! Sounds like you work in a gargantuan company - so far, so good!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

man you saved a TON of money! good for you! good luck at work!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Runner Susan said...

I hope Pippin is better soon. Maybe he'd like a martini to make him feel better!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

A New Year and a New job. Large companies do offer a certain level of perks. I hope you like it.

We took down all our Christmas stuff including the tree last night after our return from PA. Its all back in the garage for another year.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Yup, things are getting back to normal. Hope your new gig works out!

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone has been watching to much trading spaces but at least you got your floors done.

Good luck with the new job

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Happy year for you and Brent!

Love the way you write Rae!
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new jog!

Thanks for telling me who has run Cleveland, I'm already checking their blogs to check thier reviews about it :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home