Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A good weekend for a nap

Hey guys! Not much to report around here, really. I've been keeping up my mileage and have more miles already this week than I have in quite a while, and I feel good about that. New job is going really well. I do have one quirky story to share though: I was on my out yesterday and this seriously obese lady was waiting on the elevator to go down. I walked past her and took the two flights down to the bottom of the parking garage. When I saw her I thought "Man, I wish she would just take the stairs, she really is SO overweight and must be seriously unhealthy." But of course I didn't say anything because that would be rude, right??? So, we get to the bottom floor at the same time and are walking out the door together and she turns to me and says: "You know, I was just staring at your bag upstairs." And I was thinking, yeah, my purse and my briefy-bag are super cute (I got mine at Marshalls and only paid a fraction of that). She continues on and says "You must not have seen the thing on the news last night about how bad it is to carry such a heavy looking bag on your shoulder." WHAT??? First of all, it is really empty, I pretty much only have a few papers in it these days since I don't have a work lappy anymore, and seriously - I should be telling her about unhealthy!! So, I cleverly responded "Oh, it's really not so heavy, and I'm sure these heels I wear every day are far worse for me." HER clever response: "Oh, you should only wear flats. Anything else is just so bad for you." Hmmmm......so is being (at least) 100 pounds overweight. But I guess it's all relative.

The 50K we had planned to do is this upcoming weekend. After Pippin got hurt we decided not to do it, for a lot of reasons. We didn't get to train as much as we had planned for a lot of reasons, including the extra time and vet appointments we've had the past few weeks to take care of him. They also weren't able to give him his vaccinations since he was on anti-inflamms, so I wouldn't have been able to board him anyway, plus we just didn't want to leave him when he needed us the most. We were referred to the vet surgeon earlier this week and they've actually scheduled his surgery for this Friday! We're glad they're able to take care of him so soon, and it also freaks me out that he'll be having surgery. They estimate his recovery at 6-8 weeks. The first couple of weeks he's supposed to have lots of rest, so we're planning to not have any visitors and just take really good care of him. We'll drop him off Friday morning and then be able to pick him up on Saturday. This weekend is supposed to be one massive rainstorm from Friday - Sunday, so it'll be a good weekend to cuddle on the couch anyway!!! I'm dying to take him for a walk, so hopefully Friday's surgery will put us even closer to it. Send Pips lots of good wishes!!!! And chocolate. Not for him, for us. =)

Have a great night everyone!

Rae

WIDTW:
Sun - 6.1 mile run
Mon - 1.1 mile run, 30 min Ab Attack, 30 mins toning (thighs)
Tues - 30 min toning (butt), 4.25 mile run
Wed - 45 min Killer Butt, 30 min pilates (abs)

18 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Flo said...

Nala, Rocco, and I will be sending lots of positive thoughts Pippin's way on Friday. Nala knows exactly what he's going through and says it's no big thing. He'll be fine.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

hope all goes well for the little guy and he'll be back to walking in no time.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Danny said...

good luck pippin!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope Pippin has a full recovery and back to normal as soon as possible. There will be more 50k's for you two to run.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the restraint you had!!!! :)

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i just think there are so many bad things you can do to your body that sometimes you just have to pick and choose!!! most of the time you treat it like a shrine (in a good way!) so enjoy your bag!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Jack said...

I'll be sending Pippin postive vibes and you guys chocolate thoughts. There is always another 50K around the corner, Pippin has priority.

I've have noticed that people who could seriously use some exercise are usually the ones who complain first and the hardest about my "over-doing-it" with all the running I do. Hmmm, what they don't understand is that I run only about half of what many marathoner's/ultramarathoner's run.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, you know that if YOU take the stairs, you'd never see her... haha

Hope the Pipster has a speedy rehab, but remember don't spoil him to much...

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger susie said...

Hugs to Pippin

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy and I wish Pippin goo dluck and a super fast recovery! Hope you guys are going out for walks very soon.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Sounds like if rude opinions were exercise, that woman would be modeling for Victoria's Secret :-)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Wishing Pippin a smooth surgery and quick recovery.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

((Pippin)) Hope his surgery goes well.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Oh now no my dog also needs a surgery, how bad, it is sad!
Hope Pipin is fine soon.

Incredible about this woman. But is normal she is on guard and autodefensive.. (hope I write it right :P)

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Lots of good wishes for Pippin coming his way right now! I hope everything goes well.

And chocolate - that sounds like a very good idea! I will have some for you now! What was that? I was meant to send it to you?! Ooops.....

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger UltraMamaC said...

I'll be thinking of little Pip -- hope all goes well with him.

Our big plans for this weekend include lots of hibernation, too, along with Season 1 of The Office.

Make sure you update us on how he did.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

I was so sorry to read how much trouble Pippin is having. Man. It happened so fast - who would have thought...

The boys said a prayer for Pippin last night. They also rave about your green beans and those amazing sweet potatoes! You two are awesome and I want everyone to know! Thanks again for making your home feel like our home while we were in Nashville.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger David said...

6-8 weeks puts Pippin around March 1. He'll be recovered in time to report to spring training and chase some fungos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home