Monday, January 15, 2007

Jack Bauer eats people

There really aren't a lot of shows Brent and I get into so much that we have to watch them WHEN they're on. God bless TiVo for that. The Office and 24, those are our shows. Anything else is really pretty dispensable, anything else we "sort of" like is caught by TiVo. (But TiVo is also set for 24 and the Office - "just in case".) Can I just say life is better when Jack Bauer is protecting the nation?? In a crisis situation I would totally call Kiefer Sutherland. I know he's not REALLY Jack Bauer, but I'm thinking six seasons of being Bauer is close enough to handle terrorists. I hope George Bush Jr reads this blog and calls Bauer, tomorrow. ASAP. I really don't see how it could make anything worse. I'm thinking it would at least help his approval ratings a percentile or two. In honor of the season premier of 24 I had Brent track down one of the sites with all the funny "Jack-isms." Although it's truly hard to pick my fave, here goes:

"Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent."

Our little patient is much more active today. When I came home he was very happy to see me and very happy to get out of his crate and have his conehead removed. He and I have many similarities. One of them is a total lack of a sense of depth perception. I run into an ungodly amount of things. I don't know HOW many times I stubbed my toe on the fireplace at our old house. Thank goodness none of the ones in this house have a brick hearth. Pippin is a dog of routine. For some reason, every time we have EVER let him out of his crate he will run out and greet you, then run back in and "rescue" a toy. Even though it's been about 2 years since he was crated on a regular basis he still does the same act anytime he's crated. So strange. So, of course he wanted to do that today. His big massive conehead runs out to greet me and then SLAM. He's straight into the coffee table. And again. And again. Poor thing can't figure out how to turn around without bashing that thing into the coffee table over and over. I finally had to steer his little plastic head around so he could go BACK into his crate and rescue a rawhide before he'd even let me take his cone off. He's been really active tonight (until 24 came on and he wanted to hog the entire couch) and I can tell he's feeling MUCH better. We've had to remind him several times tonight that he JUST had surgery a few days ago.

And, I have to say I'm a little disappointed in you all. Britney at NIT posted a get well wish to Pippin....and someone finally noticed the tacky, embarrassing, "See Rock City" birdhouse in the background of one of the pics I posted yesterday. Or maybe some of you DID notice it and you're just too kind to pick??? Let me assure you it is not really ours. It came with this fine establishment, and we've taken the "See Rock City" birdhouse down from it's metal pole and it's currently in the "to be trashed" pile. (Of course if anyone wants it it would be available to the highest bidder!) However, we did find something interesting in the house last week - two pieces of coal from when the house was heated by coal. (We still have the coal grates (sealed now) all throughout the house.) Our neighbor had mentioned finding some around his house before, so we'd always hoped we would come across some. Brent found them under the house when he was running speaker wire over the weekend. We've got a little collection of random things we've found that are likely rather old to frame one day, and now we have some coal to add.

Have a great week people!!!

Rachel

WIDTW:
Sunday - 3-ish miles on the treadmill (my run was cut short by an "almost puke" situation courtesy of Pippin
Monday - 20 mins upper body toning

5 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My dogs do the same thing when they are coned up. They knock into every possible object within their range. Fortunately we have not had the need for quite some time. I hope Pippin get freed of the cone soon. Have a good week.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Hey now...there's nothing wrong with Rock City...I saw seven states there!! :)

Dang that was a long time ago!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I think life would be better with Michael Scott protecting the Nation :-)

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

OMG, LOL at the Jack Bauer stuff!!! Thanks! :)

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

oh he looks so cute in his conehead!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home