Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bring it!

Here's my question - how in the WORLD is the snow going to stick when they keep putting ALL THIS SALT on the roads??? I was so disappointed when I left work today and saw salt on pretty much every road between work and home. I even crossed paths with one salt truck this morning. BOO! I mean, all the schools will close, why shouldn't work??? Adults NEED a snow day, too! Not that we will actually get any snow, and even if we did it won't stick! But a Southern girl can dream.

One thing I won't have to worry about is the mad grocery rush. My sweetie drove me 15 miles to a north Nashville 'burb to shop at Publix last weekend. I was in **heaven**. Man, I miss my Publix. I have no desire to live in Goodlettsville but I do have a desire to return to their Publix. We saw a FoodTV show on making fish tacos and we had a strange list of ingredients we needed, on top of our regular list of strange ingredients. I found several of them and the only thing we needed was tempura batter. We checked around the sushi section and asked an employee. He didn't know, but he grabbed another employee - eventually several employees HUDDLED and together they found the tempura batter. Literally the most amazing thing I've ever seen at a grocery store. The checkout person and everyone else in between was SO nice. We were on cloud nine when we left with EVERYTHING on our long list. I love living in East Nashville/downtown but our grocery stores are crap. Neither of the Krogers near us has ANY lamb and their "seafood" is pathetic. If you want catfish nuggets or chitlins you're in luck. And if you literally want your produce dropped on the ground and then stuck in a sack you're in luck there too. We asked them if they had fresh mint a few weeks ago and an associate had to ask Brent what that was. We stocked way up on our groceries and we'll just drive to the northern 'burbs every few weeks to Publix. I was so in love with our experience that I even took the time to leave an email on the corporate site and let them know how happy we were, and tonight the local manager called me and said my letter had been forwarded on to him and he just wanted to thank me for the kudos. I'm always pretty quick to jump on the complaint bandwagon, but hopefully I can spend more time complimenting good companies this year.

I got my final run of the month in tonight and I should end up with somewhere between 70-80 miles. Not great, but more than double what I had last month. Have a great night and keep your fingers crossed for SNOW!

Rae

WIDTW:
Mon - 20 mins toning (thighs); 15 mins yoga; .6 mile walk with Pips
Tues - 4.5 miles run;.6 mile walk with Pips
Wed - 3.6 miles run, prob some abs;.6 mile walk with Pips

14 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Hey Zeus said...

If you want a snow day you'll have to move to the deep south where nobody knows what to do and they shut down the entire state. They shut down Houston for two days just on a rumor of ice and sleet that never happened.

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger CJ said...

We certainly won't be getting any snow here - I think its forecast to be 31*c tomorrow. Not sure what that is in farenheit buts it is definitely summer here!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Mmmmmm. Fish tacos are the local favorite here. I miss snow days too.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Can I get a snow day without the kids???? They are bouncing off the walls and they have already said school is closed again tomorrow.

That was nice of you to send that email.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

We need a snow update!! :)

And I completely hear you on the grocery store thing. We've got some shady ones up here.

Luckily though, we've got a whole foods right across the street. Expensive...but sooooo worth it. Especially when it comes to fruits, meats and veggies!! You'll love having one when yours opens.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

At least the guy didn't direct you to the Junior Mints :-)

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Emily Gray said...

Oh, this morning it just got ba-rought-en!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

we got a joke dusting of snow, just to be washed out with rain... *sigh*

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Rae, I am a midwest gal, but I LOVE my catfish nuggets. YUMMMMMMMY! Bring on the shorelunch with it and I am in HEAVEN!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger David said...

Publix - a fine Florida grocery chain (Lakeland). We shop there all the time.
70-80 miles? Oh my. Better crank it up for February. Georgia is just 50 days away. I did 130 in January.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Chitlins - hahahahahaha...you had me rolling!!!

We are in such bad need of a Publix or something similar down here. Our only choices are Food Lion and Wal-Mart unless you want to drive to another town for a Kroger. It really sucks. I have had to abandon certain recipes because I literally had nowhere within 15 miles to buy the ingredients.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger jeanne said...

wow that's a long WALK you two had! and mmmm, I love me some chitlins! Fresh mint? You mean, like, gum? Or mouthwash? I bet these people have no idea that FOOD actually GROWS out of the earth.
sigh.
nice work taking the time to send a compliment. I try to do that too whenever I find a company worthy of it...which is so very rare these days!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you got some snow and maybe even a work snow day. I am keeping my fingers crossed for some more snow days pretty soon as well.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger John said...

columbia outlet store
cheap jordans
celine outlet
versace clothing
louboutin outlet
gucci outlet online
red bottoms
air jordan
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet
20190311yuanyuan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home