Saturday, February 03, 2007

Winderwonderland

Hello! Happy February everyone and I hope wherever you are you're warmer than I am right now. BRRRR! I have a serious problem with my bum being cold all the time in the winter. What's the deal??? On a Racheal Ray episode I was watching last night a girl asked Dr Manny why her hands and feet were cold all the time and he said she had too much caffeine (and she admitted being a caffeine-aholic). Considering I RARELY have caffeine (maybe one glass of soda every other week, and only decaf coffee for me, about once a week) what's my problem?? If there's something I could eat or not eat to warm this bum up I would. It's ridiculous.

SO, back to "Winter Blast 07", which is what the news dubbed the expected Armageddon of snow we were to get Wed night. It's huge people, check this out:














I know, that's a ton of snow!!! What a disappointment. Counties to our south got a little more snow, and some of them closed school for absolutely no reason. Half the schools in our part of the state had been closed most of the week for the FLU anyway. Huh??? I never got out of school for things like the flu. It's no wonder our schools are rated so low nationally. It's pretty hard to get educated when you're closed all time for rain, flu, and microscopic snow.

Thursday night the weather peeps said we might get "a little snow". Whenever they say that it means we are definitely going to get snow. When I woke up Friday morning I peeked out the window and everything was white. YAY!! It was still coming down lightly. We ended up getting about an inch of snow, nowhere near enough for an adult snow day. It was so beautiful!! With no reason not to be able to make it work we headed out and kept our fingers crossed that it wouldn't melt while we were slaving away for the man all day. I swear Friday was the LONGEST.DAY.EVER. I'm nowhere near a window so I took a few field trips to the closest window a few times throughout the day for a "snow status update". Snow was still on benches and tree limbs, so I was hopeful until Brent said he'd gone out at lunch and most of it was gone. Driving home was so heartbreaking, most of the snow was gone and I knew our snowman building chances would be practically nill. Most of the snow was gone from our front yard, but the shady parts of our back still had a little. Brent got home a few minutes after I did and once we all bundled up we went out to play in what we still had. We built two of the tiniest snowmen ever. Reeses and M&Ms made eyes and our baby carrots gave them some very large noses. Transporting them to the front porch was pretty easy work.




















Pippin is not a big fan of snow. He spent about two minutes in the snow, ate part of a snowball and then wanted inside BADLY. He hasn't minded walking in the cold this week, but just standing around in the snow was not for him. We've been sure to keep him bundled in his sweater when we walk this week, esp since his one leg is still quite hairless! 22 days post surgery and he's doing great. He uses all 4 legs about 95% of the time and is becoming very active. He's jumped on and off furniture a couple of times and taken the deck stairs a few times before we could catch him. One more week and we can start leaving him uncrated some of time while we're gone and increase his "freedom" around the house.

So what is "Winderwonderland"? I'm not exactly sure myself. Even this tiny amount of snow creates massive amounts of excitement here in TN. Everyone is talking about it, including my mother. "Winderwonderland" was the title of the last email she sent me, yesterday, where she talked about the snow in their part of TN and sent some pictures. She's not a speller. Maybe she's trying to learn German. =)





And for my fave pic from "Winter Blast 07"...........because you just never know when the snow is gonna melt and the sun is going to heat up:









I hope you all had a great weekend thus far! We ran a COLD 15 miles this morning that I'll talk about in my next post.....it was a bit.....eventful. Running it was the easy part today! Take care!

WIDTW:
Wed (post blog):20 mins abs
Thurs: 4.75 mile run, .6 mile walk with Pips
Fri: rest day, .6 mile walk with Pips
Sat: 15 mile run, .6 mile walk with Pips

10 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, too bad there wasn't enough for an adult snow day, but at least you got to enjoy the beauty for a little while.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Your teeny little snowmen are so cute!

Why, oh why, can't I EVER get a freakin' snow day for some LEGITIMATE snow?! Sigh....I think I need to move to Tennessee! :) Jealous of the teachers down there! ha ha

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Hurray for Pippin's recovery. He's doing so well.

BTW, it was nearly 80 here today and beautifully sunny. I ran 15 in shorts and a singlet. Don't hate me!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger David said...

Seven weeks until Georgia! Warm it up a little for me.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

What fun! I seriously thought about getting you two a snow shovel (a real one--not the garden shovel that Brent uses) for a Christmas present. Now I feel bad. How did you manage?

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger MNFirefly said...

Cute snowmen. It's WAY COLDER than you are at. My feet freeze within seconds...not minutes. Stay warm and keep Pippen warm too.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Cute snow creatures and a get well quick to Pippin.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I bet that Pipster doesn't like the cold with his healing... I would want to go inside and be pampered like a little prince too...

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Congratulations on keeping up the miles in this cold weather!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Oh that picture of the truck is so typical...hahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home