Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A great reason to have a piece of cake!

Hey guys!! How's your week going? Ours is going pretty good so far. Our house is SOLD. We countered back and forth over the weekend, and the buyer accepted our offer Sunday and we signed some papers on Monday. Everything is (of course) contingent on the inspection and all that stuff, but the inspector comes tomorrow so hopefully by Friday our house will be SOLD SOLD and the circus of people coming through to look at it will be over. I think we're up to 11 showings so far and someone else is walking through tomorrow.

We also put an offer on a house tonight. It's very cute, a 1923 Craftsman style house. You can see photos here. All wood floors, great fences, picket fence in the front and the requisite porch swing. We know how high we're willing to go for this house, so we'll see what happens. If it doesn't work out we'll keep looking and maybe get a cool apartment for the summer and enjoy a "free" pool! Either way, on July 13th we'll be moving out of THIS house!

I squeezed in a 5-mile run inbetween work and when we got together with our agent. It was 83 degrees, with a pretty strong breeze at times. I was able to keep a 8:47 pace for the 5 miles, so that's OK. Not quite as fast as I'd like it to be, but after some pretty crappy runs lately I'll take it.

Can I also say I'm really pissed at Last Comic Standing???? They picked THE crappiest comedians tonight. The 2 people who were actually funny weren't picked. They have no taste in what's funny. I hate "physical" comedy but it seems the judges were really into it. Whatever.

Tomorrow is my 1-yr blog-iversary! I can't believe it!! I also can't believe how terrible my first entries were. I mean, I told my weight DAILY!!! How tragic!!! Who cares??? That's right up there with my coworker telling me yesterday that she was going to pick up oatmeal and milk on her way home. Who the hell cares????

So anyway, thanks to everyone for the 25,000 hits I've gotten since I started tracking that stuff, nearly a year ago. I'm not sure who all 100 of you are that read this every day, but thanks!! The past year has held all kinds of exciting adventures and I just know the next year will be even better. Hopefully it will also include more meetups with you guys!

15 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger taylor said...

Congrats on the 1 year! Unfortunately, I will not be running the Twin Cities. Long story. I'm running the Kansas City 'thon instead, which is right around where I grew up. Hopefully I can meet you someday and some fantastic marathon.

Good luck on your house closing!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Cory said...

Oh, well, I've linked to a damn supermarket about a gazillion times now. I take pictures of trash cans and bags of sod. I plan my funeral. I'm definitely going through my rookie phase right now, just like you did. Seems kinda silly, but really blogs, to me, are literary glimpses into ordinary lives. The artsiness of it is that certain words can make bowls of oatmeal and trips to Home Depot seem wildly interesting.

I'm getting a haircut in St. Louis by a friend of my uncle. Pics to follow.

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on selling your house! Wow, that seemed to go really quick. Hope you're able to get this new one you're looking at.

And happy one year of blogging!

 
At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy blogiversary!!! and congrats on the house! (very cool house, I loved th pics)

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! And that house is beautiful! I hope you get it!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Congrats on the house--and the blog-i-versary! :) Hopefully sometime you can come up this way for a race--or us Cleveland folks can head down to TN! :)

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

happy anniversary of the blogging kind


I am glad to hear that you are so relaxed about the whole house hunting process and that you (or at least aren't letting on) don't mind having to rent an apartment for the summer.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Wow!! I LOVE the house you posted. We used to have a big swing like that on our back porch in Brentwood. The deck is amazing...

...so, if you guys get that house, when are you having all of us over for a bbq?

Happy Blog-iversary!

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You have all kinds of good news today. That is great news about the houses!!!! Keep up posted (um, no pun intended).

And congrats on the blog-aversary. Aren't you glad you started?? :)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

How many m&Ms you eaten? 8?

Sorry girl..when i eat M & Ms..i eat more than that. 8 bags..taht sounds more like it :0

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Rich said...

Happy Anniversary! Your first blog wasn't that bad. In fact, it wasn't bad at all!

The house looks great! The back yard and deck are really nice. I hope you all land it.

I only caught a few initial episodes of Last Comic Standing. I thought then that Mike Bochetti was pretty good. He gets my vote!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger mouse said...

personally, I think you should bring back the daily M & M count. that stuff's fascinating to me. :)

congrats on the house [almost] selling! yay! now pips can come out of the crate!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

love the house...the yard is awesome- no hopes for that kind of yard in Houston!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Beautiful house; I really hope you get it.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

congrats on 1 year! That first entry is pretty funny! I'm sure my first entries would embarass me (except I refuse to read them). hell, my CURRENT entries embarass me! ha!! and p.S. NO FAIR BUYING THE HOUSE I WANT!!! :)
Congrats on selling yours, and really, that is a SWEET craftsman house. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home