Saturday, June 10, 2006

Duo in the Sun

Hey guys!! Guess what - this is a running post!!! Yee haw!! I just had to say that because this is a big weekend in Nashville - it's Fan Fair, baby! UGH!!!! Fan Fair is a weekend long country music dream-fest. Loads of country music singers signing autographs, having concerts and generally clogging up downtown with a total excess of Wrangler jeans and cowboy hats. Disgusting. Here's a convo between Brent and I about it from earlier this week:

Me: "I checked the Fan fair listing to see if anyone I liked would be performing this weekend."

Brent: "You mean Rascal Flatts?"

Me: "Yeah. They're not coming."

Brent: "That's the only group you looked for, right?"

Me: "Yeah. All other country music sucks."

So obviously, we're not going to Fan Fair. It actually grosses me out a little to think about it.

So anyway, this morning we ran 10 miles. I really, REALLY tried to get an earlier start. I set the alarm for a little after 7 and rolled out of bed OK. But by the time we had some oatmeal and got ready it was 8:30 and hotter than hell. It was already well into the 80's (it was 94 at noon today, ugh!) and there wasn't a cloud in the sky or a bit of shade on our running route. Around 2.5 Brent dropped back a little, but we still saw each other a few times as we'd meet on the out and backs so that would help with motivation. I have a couple of pre-decided places to stop if I feel my heart rate is getting too high, and I used all of them today. Once at the top of a hill around mile 4.5, then a shady spot around mile 6, the fountain at mile 7 where I really doused myself today, and then at the top of a hill at mile 8.5. by 8.5 I was feeling pretty good, and almost decided not to stop but decided I should anyway because the final 1.5 after that is total, complete, bright sun with NO shade whatsoever. I was really glad I took the break!! A minivan mom was really giving me the "crazy eyes" when I was twirling around in the misting fountains. She's obviously never gone for a hot run!! It felt SO awesome today! I could've stayed there ALL day! It gave me a ton of motivation and right afterwards Robbie Williams "Let me Entertain you" came on my mp3 player and I was feeling great! So great that at my mile 8.5 stop (which is at a stop sign on top of a hill) Dirrty by Christina Aguilera was playing and I got a little "jiggy with it" while I stood there in the shade drinking some Gatorade. Of course a little Coca-Cola car appeared out of nowhere. I'm sure he really enjoyed my "performance" and all I could think of when I saw him was how much I'd enjoy an ice cold Coca-Cola!!!!!! I was hoping he was like some of the little Red Bull Geo Trackers that drive around town giving out free samples, but no such luck. Oh well, with 1.5 miles to go I just kept on my merry way, gave Brent a high 5 when we met a little further down the road and finished my run in a pretty sucky time. I just HAVE to get out earlier!! There's now way we'll be able to survive the long marathon training runs this August starting out at 8:30 am. I was really spoiled training for a January marathon the first time!!!

I was COVERED in sweat when I was done, and right when I hopped out of the shower all the calls started. At 11:10 they called and wanted to show the house at 11:30!! AAAAH! We pushed them to 11:30, I pulled my hair back in a pony and we got out. Since our house went on the market Tuesday it's been shown 8 times!!!!! We're still countering with the person who gave us the offer yesterday, and hopefully it's going to work out. We're looking at 7 more houses tomorrow with our realtor, which will bring our total up to 19 houses we've looked at.

Well, time for bed, I am BEAT!! Happy running everybody!!

15 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

7 houses tomorrow? Geez..enjoy :)..i rather run in the sun :D

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Michele said...

I will trade you Fan Fair for Bonnarro. We are about to get decended upon. 80,000+ into our small town on 8,000 people.

Great job on the run. I am lovin' this weather. It is actually cool at 5:00 am :-)

Hope y'all find "the" house today. Good luck!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Beanie said...

good running! i remember those horrendous hot training runs for a fall marathon. yuck! go on - set that alarm for 6am!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jack said...

What all country music sucks, whoa now!!

I can't wait to hear if the offer work's out for you, this is exciting!!!

I'll say a prayer tonight.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

I'm with you on the country music thing. :) I can't believe it's already that steamy out in Tennessee. I don't remember it being that hot in June when I lived there. Chicago is beautiful ;) Perfect running weather in the 50's this weekend. Hehehee...our training moves to 7am next week, hopefully Mike and I will make it out of bed in time...

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Hey...I just noticed, your "upcoming races" section is a wee bit out of date. :P

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I need one of those misting fountains!!

Goodluck with house shopping!! FUN!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Good luck with both house hunting and the offer.

We looked at 30 some odd houses in two days when we bought ours.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Would love to have seen the Coca-Cola guy's facial expressions while watching you 'get jiggy with it.'

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

i've been trying to leave you a comment for days...%@!$ blogger! so yay on the hot sweaty run, and gettin' down with whoever, and the water fountain, and the offer, and good luck on house hunting, fun isn't it?!? :)

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Scott said...

The link to Pippin's blog seems to have been hijacked? Aaron's University...

Sounds like you're not going to have any trouble selling your house... now if you could just find the perfect new one...

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is awesome news on the offers. It's nice knowing that YOUR house is going to sell even if you don't have one picked out yet because you can always rent for a month or two before you find something!

Are you planning on having a house warming party?

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger KT said...

I have the biggest crush on Robbie Williams. Anyway...

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger mouse said...

ugh. I am not looking forward to the heat arriving here. we've only gotten a little bit of it so far, not nearly what you guys have gotten.

early morning runs in the summer are the best, because then you can go take a nap, wake up, and it will still only be like noon and you're done with your long run!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're still running in between the house shopping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home