Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Pippin and the Bee

Hey guys!! As happy as I wasn't about going back to work today at least it's only a 4 day week and tomorrow is Wednesday! Woo hoo! My boss had planned to take off today, so that helped make the day a little easier, too.

Yesterday we did a ton of steam cleaning for the carpets and finished all the other major projects we had left. There are still some rooms with some little spots where we've bumped the walls that need touching up, but overall our house is spotless. It's so nice and clutter free. Once all the carpets were wet we loaded up and headed to the dog park to stay off them so they could dry nice and pretty. The dog park we prefer is very, very close to where we want to live, so it was another opportunity to drive through the our future 'hood. When we got to the dog park Pips was MEGA excited. It was really hot yesterday, 90-something, and we were at the park around 3:30 so it was still super hot. There were only a few dogs there and Pippin was the smallest in this sea of brown and black labs (One of the black labs was named Rachel which freaked me out!!). For some reason Pippin was really, REALLY into this male giant schnauzer. He just would not leave him alone and it was SO embarrassing because this dog was WAY bigger than Pippin. The dogs were so hot they mostly just stretched out in the dirt panting and panting. At one point it was just us and two labs. Pippin was really too hot to have any fun so we loaded up to leave, and as we were walking out he stepped on a bee and got stung. It was SO traumatic. He yelped a little and his little leg was just throbbing and twitching. I scooped him up and we were both freaking out (me and Pippin). I carried him to the car and held him while Brent checked to make sure there wasn't a stinger left, or that he hadn't stepped on any glass or something else. His poor little foot was just twitching and he was trying to lick it and just couldn't get comfortable in my lap. I felt so bad for him but there wasn't much we could do. We poured some water on it and headed home, he eventually fell asleep in my lap but he'd still kick his foot out from time to time. After we got home we all took a nap and afterwards he was back to feeling like chipper little Pippin.

Today we made an appointment with a company to come and pressure wash our house Thursday to get the roof, windows, driveway, brick and deck all shiny and clean. I also called a realtor who is going to get our house listed and take us to see the 4 houses we like tomorrow afternoon. She's THE top agent in our area and came highly recommended. She's got an entire staff of people to dote on us. One of her assistants I spoke with today (who is taking us out tomorrow) seemed really nice, and told us not to be surprised if we get an offer in less than a week. That's a-OK with me. She said this area is going fast right now, and there really aren't a lot of (used) houses for sale in our area. She probably says that to everyone, but it's still nice to hear - BUT four houses on our street sold about 2 months ago, so that's a good sign. So, by this time next week our house will have a big sign out front - FOR SALE!! We will hopefully be suburbanites no longer!

That's all the news around here! We got some boxes at work today to pack up some of our winter clothes and other stuff to stash in the attic and have out of the way, so we're going to start working on some of that this week. I think we're also going to have a yard sale this Saturday to go ahead and get some of this junk out of the house. Have a great short week everyone!

Rae

12 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Cory said...

The weather is kicking my sorry a** as well. Got up to, I think, 92, in Pgh. I havent had any bee encounters, luckily. Last year, my roommate and I ddn't have screens on our windows, so at least one bee would fly into my room daily. Eventually, for the first time in my then 29 years, I got stung. A bee entered a hole in my sock and stung the inside of my foot. It hurt like hell, but I was more nervous than anything. The pain subsided very quickly, and the stinger was absent. After that I was almost glad of the experience, just to know what it was like. And despite the precarious position the bee was in, that was my only sting.

Good ol' Pipsqueak probably doesn't understand what happened, and that's frightening as hell. I swear, with how you run so much, I'd be afraid you'd inhale one. You'd need a mask or something.

Glad life seems to be going well, overall, though. You three are an awesome family. On one hand, I could see you having kids, but on the other, Pip practically is one, and you don't need change like that to upset the balance you have in your life.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that a little bee didn't keep the pippinator down for very long.

Good luck on the whole house hunting selling... it's kinda scary to think that if your house sells before you find one you... that always worried me, but I doubt you'll have problems.

I have ton of cardboard boxes here about 180 miles away... all about the same size... two huge bag of peanuts and other packing material. Did I mention we like to run in Knoxville...

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger lainb said...

if there's one thing I love almost (ALMOST, I said) as much as a 3-day weekend is a 4-day work week!!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Rice said...

Bee’s do not like dogs.. My dog found a hornets nest once.. I never seen a dog run flat out and bite at its hind leg at the same time before.. They bounce back quickly though.

Good luck with the house.

Cheers.

Rice.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Poor Pippin..i am glad he feels much better

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first and (so far) only bee sting happened when I was on a bike ride and a bee flew down my shirt and got stuck inside my sports bra! Nt fun. Please tell Pippin I feel for him.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

You guys have worked like maniacs on that house!!! Man!!! That makes me fearful of when we get ready to sell...all that work...ugh!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I am so behind on my blog reading again! Where are you planning on moving to? How exciting anyway. Our house renovations are going okay despite a little hiccup with the kitchen. We hope to move back home in another month.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Ah, poor Pips! I hope his foot is ok! It is a good thing he isn't allergic to bee stings! Good luck with the house hunting. It sounds exciting. Hearing about all the cleaning you guys have done makes me want to go call Stanley Steemer and have my carpets cleaned, too! Have a great weekend!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger David said...

You sure are a busy bee with all this house cleaning and hunting; and poor Pips stepped on it.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Pippin is just way too cute... I see pics like this and wish I was a dog person instead of a cat person.

House shopping.... very exciting!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

so exciting. I can't imagine trying to sell and buy. The whole buying was quite enough of an experience for me! I know you guys will find something you love!

poor Pippin! I hope he is feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home