Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Race for The Dogs

So you'd think we'd be all raced out from last weekend's half in Cincy and the half from the weekend before here. Yeah, I am pretty much raced out but we're doing another race this weekend! Well, two of us are anyway - me and Pippin. Oh yeah, you heard that right. Pippin and I will be "running" in the See Spot Run 5K in Murfreesboro (13 miles south of here). It runs through the campus of MTSU, and is the same course as a race we've done in August the past couple of years. The race encourages people and their dogs to participate together, and benefits Habitat for Humanity. I really don't think Pippin will be able to jog the whole way, so I think we'll employ the Galloway method. The past couple of days we've been walking the first part of our mile and then jogging the last part. He's really enjoyed it, and was flying today! We stopped to talk to a neighbor starting her morning walk with her dog, and after he got some lovin' he was pulling me to run again. The key to our "success" will be keeping him from getting TOO excited before the race. We just need to keep him calm and cool. The race email we got yesterday said they've had an overwhelming response, so hopefully it will go well. It should make for some seriously interesting photos though!! Brent's not running so he can play cameraman. I have a certain goal time in mind, so we'll see how that goes.

Gotta run so I can read some of your blogs! Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

Rachel

Exercise-
Wed (post blog) - 50 mins ab work
Thurs - .5 mile walk, .5 mile run with Pippin; 6.2 mile evening run

14 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Make sure Pippin stays hydrated and uses the porta-bushes before the race.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Michele said...

That sounds like so much fun. Peyton (my dog) would never make it. She got tired after the mile walks with the kids and the days we did two miles I might as well have shot her!

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Pippin! I have been dying to find a race like that near me!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger KT said...

Canela and I are doing the Dog'n'Jog here June 11. Am curious to see how she handles it...provide any good dog race tips you pick up!

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck rachel and pippen!!!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

I can't wait to see the race report. I have read from a msg board that dogs like human..to increase the distance need to do it slowly as well :D...

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Coolness. I'd run with my dog but he'd never make 5km. Have fun, eh!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Wow that sounds like a nice change of pace, have fun! Make sure Pippin wears his CamelBak ;-)

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Danny said...

where do you put pippin's chip??

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

GO PIPPIN GO!!!!!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Go Pippin Go!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Scott said...

OMG, I can't wait to read Pippin's blog next week!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

All those should be very educated and tied dogs right?
I wonder if they don't get nervous, sounds funny!!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Sorry I'm late but I wanted to say, Go Pippin. Please ask him to forgive me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home