Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Pig has Flown

Hey guys! I am EXHAUSTED. We had a lot of fun at the Pig this weekend, but it's been a long, tiring weekend and I am headed to bed!! I vow to stick to the west coast from here on out! This morning's race started at SIX AM - Eastern Time - translation: 5 AM our time. We had to get up at 2 am our time to get down there with plenty of time for potty breaks, etc. That's not a waking up time, that's a going to bed time, really. It's also pretty exhausting to tack a 5 hour car ride home onto the end of running a half! Whew!!

We decided to run this one together, so this was actually OUR first half (but Brent's 5th and my 6th in the past year). We finished in 1:52:39, right in the middle of our planned 1:50-1:55 range. It was fun to run together, sometimes I pulled the pace and sometimes Brent pulled. We never really went full out, we were just so tired from the early morning and after last week's push I just wanted to enjoy the run and not become violent. (But I did elbow a jerk at the end who tried to get in between us. I want good finish line pics of us!!!) It's a beautiful course, I highly recommend it. AND, Elizabeth ran THREE miles with us! After she had already run with others. I'm thinking in total she probably ran more miles today than Brent and I did! Anyway, it was so awesome to meet her and I'll have lots more pics and race stuff tomorrow (shocker, right???). Brent got the absolute cutest pic of her! I love RBF meetups! But for now - we need sleep!!!!

Rae

Exercise-
Sat-2 mile run.
Sun - 13.1 mile run, a weekend spent with my brother, his wife and their 2 toddlers. enough said.

16 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome you two were able to enjoy the race so much and finish together.

Yes, bring on the photos!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Seems some jerk always gets in your way Rae. Good thing you've got elbows.

Sounds bang on for time. Perfect too that you & B could run together. Rest up...but hurry up with the photos, we're all on the edge of our seats...

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Congrats on another great race. Glad you and Brent got to run together this one.
Can't wait for a full race report.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Did I read that right - you ran half marathons on 2 consecutive weekends? If you did - that's amazing. And well done - sounds like this one was a very comfortable race for you.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Danny said...

just a "recovery" 1:52 half-marathon... ho hum...

;-)

congrats!

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo!!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Whew. It is so cool that you finished together. Now get some rest.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

It was great meeting you guys! What a great half, was that another PR for Brent?

I ended up with 2 and half hours. I'm calling it 15 miles. It was such a rush running with everyone!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I'm impressed that you ran half-marathons two weekends in a row and that you went all the way up to Ohio to do it. Great job. I'm with Dan--your "recovery" 1:52 is impressive.

That was nice that you ran with Brent and all, but you let him beat you in the overall standings? Where was mean rachel?

I'm glad that you two had a great race and trip.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger KT said...

The toddlers certainly explain the exhaustion....congrats on a great race!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Congrats!! You guys are amazing!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

A marathon travel excursion to run a 1:52 half... very very cool

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Congrats..

note to self..never run with Rae unless i want an elbow in my face..

OR wear a football helmet when running with Rae :D

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Another half?? Woow!!
Racing often sounds fantastic!!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger brent said...

thats pretty cool that you guys ran it together! fun.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger David said...

What's a Rachel race without her elbowing some jerk out of the way? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home