Thursday, April 27, 2006

Two more days!!

Hey guys!! It's almost time to run with country music blaring in the background! I can't believe it's Country Music Marathon weekend again already! I remember this time last year I was FREAKING out. We were two days before my very first half marathon, and I had no clue how it would turn out. I had had a crazy idea back in January that I'd like to try a half. I'd only done a few 5Ks and never run further than 4 miles. My, what a difference a year makes!!! I feel like I've been doing this forever now, and still have so far to go. This time last year I had spent ages trying to figure out what I was going to wear, this time I haven't really thought much about it! (Except I think I'm going to wear a pink Nike shirt and blue Nike shorts - the same thing I wore for the Miami Marathon). I also remember how proud Brent was of me when I crossed that finish line, and how I thought there was NO WAY I'd ever be able to run a full marathon. Ha!!

I'm really excited! Tomorrow we're working a half day and then heading to the expo. We're meeting up with Triathamom and Marathong Mom for some carboloading dinner. (If anyone else wants to join us we're meeting at Tangredi's on Elliston place at 5 pm. The more the merrier! Your families and friends are more than welcome too!) If anyone else wants to meet-up before the race Brent and I will be by Corral #6 around 6:30-6:50, on the Centennial Park side. Afterwards we may try to get over towards mile 21/25, we'll just have to see what roads we can maneuver!

Good luck to everyone racing Saturday! The weather forecast is a little iffy right now. The latest I've heard is that the rain should hold off until later in the day. Cross your fingers! David, Lana and Michele will be running the full marathon and Brent, myself, Steve, Triathamom, Marathong Mom (I think she has a blog but I can't find it....), & Olivia will be running the half. Pop over and wish them all luck!

We're not the only race in this country this weekend. Make sure you send Kim and Richard some marathon well wishes, too!

Today was Bring your Kids to work day, and our company goes all out for it. To the point of sheer insanity where fights erupt over the T-shirt design, deflated balloons cause panic and sheer insanity invades the office. I ended up helping with the carnival this afternoon because one of the ppl from my department who was supposed to help had a boob job last week so she had to go for her follow-up this afternoon. I haven't mentioned this boob job because I'm so sick of hearing all about it at work ALL the time. How stupid. To me, she just looks idiotic now. So anyway, I'd post some pics from Kid day but they all have people's kids in them and that's just wrong. The best thing about kids day is that you really don't do much work! Yeah! Once you get past kids flashing gang signs in pictures, stealing toys they didn't win and 8 yr old singing "I ain't no Hollaback Girl" during kareoke time I'd say it was a success. Did I mention the line dancing that broke out? Oh wait, that was all adult employees from our company. Yeah, it was an interesting day!

Well, I need to work on my playlist for Saturday's half! This weekend Country Music, next weekend the Flying Pig!!

Rachel

Exercise-
Wed - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 40 minutes dance dance revolution with Brent
Thurs - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 4.2 mile run with Brent

18 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Rich said...

You've come a long long long long long long way from your first half!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger KT said...

Have a GREAT race on Saturday! Will be sending you speedy vibes.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good luck to you and Brent Saturday! I would love to meet you guys for dinner, but we won't make it time. Hope to see you at the race!

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Triathamom said...

See you tonight!!!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Wow, you have come a LONG way in just a year.
Wish we could meet you for dinner, but I am not even sure what time we are going be leaving here.
Good luck tomorrow and hope we find you before the race.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!! :) I think my buddy Jaclyn from Chicago is running this one! I gotta call her tonight and see!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun! I left messages on just about everyone's blogs, so they'll be like who the F- is this? I'll just say Rae made me do it!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Danny said...

good luck!!

(i've been slacking on the comments as i've gotten busier at work, but i'm still following along!)

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Good luck! Try to control the urge to line-dance during the race!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Garou said...

Good luck with the race tomorrow!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Running Chick said...

Smooth and strong! And...HAVE FUN!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Rhea said...

Good luck tomorrow! Run strong - you're going to do great. I find it funny/disturbing about the kids throwing gang signs, not to mention the R-rated karaoke singing ....

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger David said...

have fun this weekend!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger D said...

You are going to KICK BUTT!!!!!!!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Hey, good strong Canadian vibes for a successful and quick race. Looking forward to reading all about it.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Scott said...

You and Brent are good people!

I am inspired by this post. Straight up about the difference that a year can make. I know this only too well. Good thing too - since I've committed to meet you to run Boston in 2009!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

good luck tomorrow! your office is so hilarious...it could most definitely be an episode OF "The Office." omg!! I would seriously hurt someone! :)

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Have a great time at the half! Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home