Thursday, April 13, 2006

And there was much rejoicing

So, we haven't seen our little bird "friend" in over 24 hours now. After work yesterday we may (or may not) have gone to Walmart, where a store associate may (or may not) have shown us what they use to get birds who somehow end up in the SuperCenter and can't find their way back out. When we got home our little friend was hard at work flying into our back windows. So Brent may (or may not) have suited up. This may (or may not) be the last time this little bird sat in a tree. He did sit there for quite a while and we waited for some incredibly slow neighbors to finish dinner on their deck and go inside. And Brent may (or may not) be an INCREDIBLE shot. Remind me not to piss him off. But I definitely did Windex all the reachable windows of our house last night, and there was much rejoicing. So, I'm not going to tell you what happened, and you can choose to believe what you want. Because some people do tend to exagerate on their blogs, use fake names, stage fake pictures, etc. And I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not I'm one of those people. But we've all been much more "chipper" the past 24 hours INSIDE our house!!










I had a totally miserable run tonight. I've totally lost my mojo this past week. I've felt exhausted all the time and just want to sleep. I didn't want to run tonight but I thought I might feel better if I did get out there. Well....not tonight. We ran two miles out and back instead of our normal Thurs night 6. Around mile 2 I had major side stitches so I stopped to walk for a couple of minutes and then started back up. We ran the first two around an 8:30 and when I started running again I ran 9:00s, which felt much more comfortable. We ran at 6pm and it was still 81 degrees! It's really starting to be warm and I don't think I'm adjusted to that yet. We've got 14 miles planned for Saturday morning, so I hope to get some rest before then. We were thinking about doing a big 5K here on Saturday, but decided to focus on our distance instead. There's a 5K here somewhere every weekend, so we'll have plenty of time to do them all summer. I really enjoy distance more than speed anyway.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend, especially everyone running Boston! I am proud of you and SO incredibly jealous!!! I'll see you there in 2008 (hopefully!)! So, good luck racers! I know Elizabeth is going to kick butt in Boston! Good luck wishes to Angie, Running Jayhawk, TriSaraTops & everyone else racing this weekend!

Rachel

Exercise-
Wed - 1 mile am walk with Pips, 2 mile evening walk
Thurs - 1 mile am walk with Pips, 4.44 mile run

26 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I feel so priveleged to be your first commenter. I should soak up this moment. I just wanted to say that I hope PETA does not read this entry.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

congratulations--? the madness has ended.

sorry to hear about your mojo goin' missin'. when you find it, see if mine is with it. and return to sender.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Cory said...

That top right one is one sh*tty picture.

*rolls eyes at myself*

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the plan is 2008, huh? :) Very cool...

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

If it is on the internet..it must be real...enough said :)

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

The ski mask totally makes it.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Simba's Mom said...

Was the mask really necessary? In case you only clipped the bird, you didn't want him going to the police and identifying Brent?

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Thanks for the shoutout!

You guys crack me up with those photos!

Hope you find your mojo!

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that only took me about five minutes to stop laughing hysterically. Though I do feel a little bad for the bird. Er...well, I might/might not, depending on it's current condition...which is undetermined...*wink, wink*

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger mouse said...

OH MY GOD. this is the funniest entry EVER. seriously. I can't stop laughing at brent's outfit.

as for the bird, you know how I feel about that... [I believe I was the one shouting "KILL THE F'er" on your last post!] peace and quiet is a beautiful thing, isn't it? :)

have fun on the long run this weekend!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Mike said he's calling PETA. I'm giving you a standing ovation (I know how sucky it is to have crazy birds pecking at your window). Brent looks as if he's coming out of a horror flick. He should really consider running Chicago in that get up!

And we all have those weeks. Just rest up tonight, stay outta the heat, and have a rockstar run tomorrow. Rumor has it Nashville will be breaking it's heat record today. Ew!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Your run may have been a bust; but your bird 'handling'had me busting my gut. Thanks for the belly laughs.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I hope, for your sake, the bird wasn't a Mockingbird. Killing one of those is a sin, you know. (Of course, most things that give us pleasure and satisfaction in this life are sins, so I'm withyou on the ornithcide)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

OMG, Brent's ski mask is cracking me up!!! May Bob the bird rest in peace, and may your window no longer be covered in s$%t.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Mr. Excitement said...

PETA? Is that People Eating Tasty Animals? If it is, sign me up!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

ROFL, Mr. Excitement!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Hmm. Gun, ski mask, wife beater, dead bird. No southern joke there!
B, bring that outfit and we'll drop you at the Manhole club in NY next time!

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for the good wishes for this weekend's race!

oh, I hope you find your mojo soon!!!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

In Tennessee it's ALWAYS hunting season for something! Who knew it was Robin season?

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Rae, it does my heart good to hear that you struggled with a run! I'm sorry, it's not very friendly of me, and really, I'm so happy about the bird and I really really really only want good and best things for you, but honestly? I am so relieved that (for once!) your running wasn't perfect! :)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Good you keep going, just there are days like that!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger D said...

Poor little birdie....

You'll find your mojo....your body may be just telling you it needs a brief break. I think most runners go through this from time to time except for the freaks of nature who I completely envy!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Garou said...

Of course you had the mask - if something went wrong, you wouldn't want the target to sing to the cops, would ya? Glad to hear that all is well again - I may/may not have done something similar to pigeons at my parent's house.

(I can understand feeling bad for a robin, but a pigeon is kind of like a rat with wings.)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Danny said...

i may (or may not) have just lauighed my ass off!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Go ahead punk, make my day - Dirty Harry Brent at work. As an old country boy, I'd say you guys were just taking care of business.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

That was HILARIOUS! Congrats on your victory over the The Bird!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home