Thursday, March 30, 2006

Warmer....

Hey guy!! It's almost FRIDAY!! Woo hoo!! Can't wait for the weekend! We're supposed to go indoor rock climbing tomorrow night with some peeps, so hopefully that won't end up canceled/postponed. It's been TOO long!

So, I think I'm going to make it through the rest of the work week. Yesterday maintenance came to hang a white board in my boss's office and the guy smelled so bad that my boss's office smelled like body odor. Seriously, it was unbelievable. The guy was only in there 5 minutes and you could smell his "scent" from my boss's doorway. He wasn't even visibly sweaty, so it was just pure stank. Can you imagine working with this guy all day?? My boss found some Lysol and sprayed all afternoon. He was so incredibly worried that he might smell like that too that he kept hinting for me to smell him. Finally I just had to tell him that smelling him was not part of my job description, but that if he did smell bad I would certainly tell him. In other work related news the blue light has not gone off. I have been informed by HR that the blue light is part of a panic button the receptionist can push if we're being attacked. Shouldn't I have to sign some sort of something saying I am willing to sit under this important light?? There's no way I'm going to make sure everyone else gets out. I'm getting myself and Brent out, and that's it. Should I have some sort of backup person watching this light when I'm at lunch. It's just too much pressure. There was someone different (a temp) at the receptionist station yesterday and I found that to be a bit alarming. I think I've been watching too much 24 because it just felt a little uncomfortable to have some stranger on the front lines.

It's been warm the past few days, perfect actually!!! Today was 70-something and Brent and I ate lunch outside. So nice!! Yesterday was an off day from running so I did my Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates DVD. It's nowhere near as tough as Killer Butt, but you will definitely break a sweat. The instructor is really good and does lots of repeats for each set and is not overly perky. You'll definitely get a good workout but you won't be sore the next day! The mat workout portion is also really good.

Tonight we did a 6.3 mile run. My 6 mile Tues/Thurs run has now become 6.3 as I've traded one portion of the neighborhood for a different hillier portion. Neither of us really wanted to run tonight, but the weather was too incredible not to enjoy and I knew I'd feel really guilty if I didn't run. We started out a little too fast (8.30 first mile). My shoe was driving me nuts during the second mile and totally throwing my form off. Around 2.5 Brent's arch was hurting him so I stopped to adjust my shoe and he stopped to walk. There were TONS of people out tonight walking, running and biking. It's nice when there are more people to look at, but I wish the sidewalk was so busy all year. I saw the same girl I saw Sun and Tues running tonight. She TOTALLY checked out my legs to see how muscular they are! HA! Sister, these legs see some mileage. They are real and they are SPECTACULAR! We got honked at twice. Once by carload of happy people stuck in traffic (the hospital loop we run is right below a very busy road) and later by a construction truck full of workers. Woo hoo! Around mile 4 I was finally in my groove and really started to fly. I met back up with Brent around there and his foot was feeling better so he started running again. We made it back to the house around 55 minutes for 6.3 miles, my avg pace was 8:50/mile which is better than Tues when my average was 8:59/mile. Yeah!!

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!! Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!! It seems there are a ton of big races this weekend. Susie is running the Monument Av 10K, Audrey and Jeanne will be running the Cherry Blossom, Running Jayhawk and Simba's Mom will be doing the Shamrock Shuffle and Shore Turtle & Redhead Fangirl will be at the Canal 5K. Good luck!

Rae

Exercise-
Wed- 1 mile am walk, Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates DVD (1 hr)
Thurs - 1 mile am walk, 6.3 mile run

22 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Ewww....that guy sounds almost as nasty as my class of 29 freshman who come from gym class. P-U! :) Have a great weekend!

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you have your finger on the blogging pulse!! Thanks for the well wishes...and a blue light? Um, you do some interesting work...

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

love the "and they look spectacular!" You are so much fun! I can't wait to meet you and Brent in Cinci!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Danny said...

lmao @ "real and spectacular"!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Cory said...

Watch out, summertime! Here comes Rae Rae and her magic blue disco light. Move those spectacular (apparently) legs.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

They are real and they are SPECTACULAR!

And the guy w/ bad BO...i think u watch too much Seinfield :D....

I start to find my legs are getting tune too. I keep on flexing my shins. Geez they are hard...and i ain't pressing on the bone part :D

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Ra aren't you the beauty in the ZZ Top vid "she's got legs and she knows how to use them..."?
Not the bearded dudes either...

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger D said...

That is so disgusting. I often wonder how people can stand it when they smell themselves all day???? That blue light thing is freaky - and good job NOT smelling your boss when he was hinting!

That relay race we did a few weekends ago is the only one that I am familiar w/around here. Put it on your calendar for next year and you can definitely be on our team - it is a LONG but FUN day. (Brent too.)

...and what a compliment that she was checking out your legs!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Hey Zeus said...

Maybe you should have the blue light rewired to indicate when your boss starts to smell. Nice Word Verifiection with hwfrgbge (8 letters)

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger mouse said...

if we're being attacked...

omg. what kind of work do you do? how often do CPA's get attacked in a work year?! I'd so ask for a raise, with the added responsibility of having to watch out for the blue light and all...

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger KT said...

Today is the first day I'm not sore at all from Killer Butt -- four days later! I love that DVD. Thanks again for the tip!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

Oh my, a panic button?! Yikes! Why would you be attacked?!

YAY on your run! YAY on your legs! :)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

As my coworker Gary said (quoting To Wong Foo) "I gots more legs than a bucket of chicken!"

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger jeanne said...

omg i laughed out loud that you had to tell your boss that smelling him isn't in your job description!!

and the blue light? like you mean the bombs going off won't be enough to alert everyone to the fact that we're under attack? where are you supposed to go when the blue light goes off? run outside? but isn't that where the attack would be??! Sounds like a brilliant plan all around!

Thanks for the shoutout!! I had definitely decided on bagging sunday's race since i'm completely unprepared, but JUST TONIGHT I decided to do it. So you are the very first to hear! :)

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Cory said...

Rachel doesn't need to go anywhere. When that blue light goes off, she just needs to do the Safety Dance and she's OK.

The rest of us, I dunno. No blue lights anywhere around me, unless I'm near some responding fireman's personal vehicle, and, well, I'm not an accident scene rubbernecker.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I especially enjoyed the blue light commentary. Be careful in there. Someones got to be on the lookout.

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Well when I see a runner I definitely check the legs. It is a nice view to see muscles.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Cory said...

Yeah, I'm a leg man, too. Don't wheel anymore, but I do watch college gymnastics locally (Pitt), and them gals is ripped, yo.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

There was a guy that got on the elevator the other day, just reeked. The other passenger and I just looked at each other and wrinkled our noses. I almost bolted and got off.

I check out legs sometimes, but mostly I check out butts. I'm a butt woman, but then you probably already guessed that...lol.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Are you sure your new office space isn't an old KMart building. Does anybody else remember the Blue Light Specials? Do they still do that? I haven't been in a KMart in years.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger David said...

Oh yeah. Running is hard to avoid when the weather is hot and sneakers are close by.
So you're the only one who can see when there's a blue light special? And your comoany is a terrorist target? Geesh.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Hey Zeus said...

Is Pippin going to win the pool? This is worse than getting chicked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home