Monday, March 13, 2006

Two Short Stories

Hey guys! Two short stories for tonight and then I'm off to get some sleep!

Last night I had a very strange dream. Somehow I was on two simultaneous seasons of Survivor (I have no idea how). I was really kickin' butt and leading my teams to tons of wins. We finally lost one and they ended up voting me out because I was "too much of a physical threat"! HA! ME! I thought that was hilarious. I shared with Brent this morning and he said "Yeah, only in your dreams." Hmmm. It still cracks me up though. (This is the first season of Survivor we haven't watched. I'm burnt out on the whole concept. It's become the same season over and over and over.)

Secondly, I went into my boss's office this afternoon to ask him a question. He looked at me and said "Hey, can you work from home?" I said "Yeah" and kind of stared at him thinking 'oh geez, what stupid project has been dumped on us now!'. He followed it up by saying he was reading up on bird flu and had already decided that this will be the new pandemic affecting the US and when it hits he will not be working from the office and decided there's no reason he and I can't work from home. (We both have laptops, etc.) He also informed me it is most likely to kill young healthy people such as myself. What a strange conversation. At least he's already let me know I am not required to come in when bird flu starts killing us all. (Actually my boss has been much better lately, he's started taking an attitude that work really isn't that important. I think he's looking for a new job.)

We had more storms today, but nothing as bad as last week or as bad as what the Midwest had last weekend. I ran two miles tonight on the treadmill while watching part of Supernanny. Every time I watch one of those shows I think Pippin looks better and better!

Have a great Tuesday!

Rachel

Exercise-
Sat-26 flight stair challenge, 8 miles running, hours and hours of moving Brent's brother & family (Gross calorie burn on Sat: 10 million)
Sun - rest day!! lots of garage cleaning though
Mon - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 2 miles treadmill, 20 mins toning/stretching

15 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Cory said...

In all your earliest posts, you liked to post what you ate for dinner, lunch, snack, or whatever, at the bottom where you always post your exercise regimen for the day. Why no more? You not eating anymore because maybe you already have a bird flu mask on? :p

Anyhow, yeah, Survivor is getting weird, and that host is somewhat of a diva. I wonder if he and his GF or wife or whatever have divorced. On a related note, I'm ashamed to report I've regressed to where I actually like MTV's Real World again. But this time, instead of thinkin' they're the picture of kewlness, I laugh at them all! HA HA HA!

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see your boss is ahead of his time with this bird flu business. Now we just need to figure out how to get the media to report on the topic. Oh, wait...

I gave up on Survivor because the hypocrisy annoyed me. "You're a big liar! But it was going to do the exact same thing to you, which would have been okay."

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

OMG--glad I'm not the only one seriously freaked out by bird flu! I love that we won't have any vaccines for at least 6 months....that's just peachy. :) Here's an admission...I sometimes get sucked into Laguna Beach on MTV. I can literally hear the brain cells leaving my head.....ha ha

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger KT said...

Supernanny is one of the most terrifying things I have ever seen.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

What about Brent? You would be safe at home with Pippin, but he would be required to go into work? No fair!

My workplace has been working on a disaster recovery plan for the last year. I haven't been involved with the planning, thankfully, but it turns out that I am designated part of the immediate response team, which reports after a disaster—such as a fire, flood, hurricane, mutant robots. I don't think that we have a contingency for Bird Flu--oh no!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger jeanne said...

Glad you got a REST day in there! And yay for your boss...too bad he has to wait for bird flu to let you work from home though!

I can't watch survivor, but i saw supernanny once and I knew then that the U.S. was doomed. Have a nice day!

(and thanks for leaving all those supportive comments for me!!)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Work from home..now that's a con....there is no way i want to bring my work back home. I do at times but i perfer work is work and home is home (or home is training).

Yes Pippin is alot better than the devil kids on Supernanny :)..

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Well, at least when young people like yourself start croaking, you'll be in the comfort of your own home. :)

I'm all for disaster recovery but that's kinda a strange conversation.

Go YOU! I'm sure you would be a threat on survivor! I'm pretty much over it too. I watched the first few...then stopped...then got sucked back in for the all stars...yada yada yada...

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Cory said...

Anybody ever watch that Real World/Road Rules Challenge? I think they might call it the Gauntlet, now. I just can't get myself to watch. Must be that I'm 30, huh?

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Could it be that you dreamed the conversation with your boss and that you really were on Survivor? Both are surreal!

Freaky, this bird flu. I haven't heard much about it here in Canada. I think that the media is side-stepping this one. Afterall, there are more important issues like Isaac Hayes quitting South Park and Barton and Adler calling it quits. That's freaky!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

fascinating boss

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I think they were both dreams!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger lainb said...

what a crazy conversation with your boss! it's good to know you'll still be getting a paycheck while the rest of us keel over. :)

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

So when the bird flu hits you'll be able to work from home, but since it's gonna kill young healthy people like you, you won't be working after all.
That was one weird conversation.

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger ida said...

I just googled "bird flu." Figured it was time to learn what all the fuss is about... ACK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home