Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The First Day of Huh???

Hey guys!! What is up with this crazy weather??? Sat afternoon after the race was really nice. Even though the day had started out chilly, by the middle of the race it was a PERFECT day! After we came home and showered up we rested for a bit and then drove over to the local park to take Pips for a walk. It was really strange to be walking there instead of running there! We noticed all sorts of things we never get to see and stopped to read some of the signs. All in all we probably walked about two miles. Pippin had a great time except for the couple of low hanging branches that got him in the face.




Afterwards we went to Target. They have some REALLY cute Easter stuff. I managed somehow not to buy any candy, but I did get a really cute Easter shirt for Pippin. They were out of Large so I had to get Medium - which is for dogs up to 20 pounds. Pippin is 27 pounds but since the breeder told us he would be 10 pounds doesn't that average to 20? They've got cute blue shirts that say "Somebunny loves me" and pink ones (for the chicks) that say Chicks Rule. Needless to say it's going back. But I tried my best to stuff him in there. Brent suggested breaking an arm, but I think I would have had to break a couple of ribs, too. Maybe we'll try some of the other Targets and see if they have his size!

Sunday was back to dreary and cold. It wasn't a great day for a variety of reasons but I don't want to talk about that. In the grand scheme of things a series of small events all before 9 am in the morning really set me off. That plus a return of cold weather left me in a ticked off mood. We did some various things around the house and did enjoy a tiramisu as a reward for a great race! Mmmmm, that is my fave dessert!

Sunday's events left me motivated to try to start the work week with a positive attitude. That can always be a little tough on Monday and it was pouring down cold rain when I got up. We arrived at work and had to park waaaay out (we have really limited parking). Brent got out and came over to my side so we could share an umbrella. Problem - the umbrella is totally screwed and flipped in a very strange contortion. We're standing in the pouring rain, two smart college grads, trying to figure the damn thing out. No such luck, it was totally screwed. We're dying laughing by this point and I'm already starting to cry, snort and wheeze in fits of laughter. The really funny thing? This umbrella was given to Brent at work for "going above and beyond" as one of the items in our company freebie closet. So, our crappy company has given us an equally crappy umbrella that has now made us late to work!!!! We're wet & soaked but absolutely dying in laughter. People start to gather to see what's going on (of course I'm taking pics). Through wheezing fits we explain what happened only to have another coworker explain hers did the same thing. HA! Brent took his umbrella back to HR and got a new one. I laughed and cried so much my mascara was shot to hell and one coworker (stripper wife) told me I looked tired. Ummm, nope. Just started my day out with a good laugh.

Monday just got wetter and colder. By lunch you could see your breath outside, and Pippin's too. What's up with this?? I thought it was supposed to be the first day of spring? We went to the gym after work and I got a treadmill run in. Blah, boring. Today is more of the same! Raining, cold, wet. I ended up doing my run on the treadmill to avoid the gross conditions. I am so ready for spring!!

Have a great week and stay warm!

Rachel

Exercise-
Sat - 13.1 mile race, 2 mile walk
Sun - Rest Day
Mon - 4 mile run (treadmill)
Tues - 1 mile am walk with Pippin, 6 mile treadmill run

18 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger lainb said...

that picture of Pips is sooooo funny!

LOL- what a way to start out your week being drenched in the rain...that means it can only get better right? :)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

Is that umbrella open, or almost open, inside a building? Isn't that supposed to bring bad luck.

Glad you reacted by laughing! The situation could have turned really ugly, I think ;-)

Aren't those extra 6 weeks the groundhog predicted over already?

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Jack said...

The picture of Pips is funny, but the one with Brent is even more so ;-)

I think the German weather service heard how much fun you were having in the rain and cold so ordered up a bunch for us, blah!

Have a nice week.

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Ain't life grand Rae! As always, you support your text with cool photos. You're good at this!

Shame about the weather. It's great that you two can rise above and laugh it off.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Danny said...

so what you're saying is...

bad weather = ticked off mood

bad weather + screwed up umbrella = hysterical laughing

intersting...

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

This weather is insane!!! Mugsy just told me he wants a shirt from Target and thanks for giving me the idea! :) hee hee

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Michele said...

I am ready for spring also!!! My shoulders are peeling from too much sun two weeks ago and today I have on a t-neck.
This running inside is KILLING me.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Rae,

it's spring and it's 21 yesterday afternoon :).

I know the weather is nuts. Waiting for it to warm up so i can bike outside.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We're standing in the pouring rain, two smart college grads, trying to figure the damn thing out.
But you can't teach street smartz! trust me... I have a number of degrees and still can't figure somethings out.

I put in an order for perfect weather for Tennessee... seems that it will take 10-14 business days for it to get processed. Sorry...

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Cory said...

What?!?!?!?! No Easter candy?! Shame shame, little girl. Well, qat least you had yourself a nice tiramisuuuuuu. Those are my fave as well. I could get fat and happy on those.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Johnny Lyons said...

I always love your pics, they tell great stories too. Your weather sounds like it did all winter, but it's spring now! We are finally getting a little precipitation, two weekends in a row with rain and snow in the mountains. And cold for us too. But we'll be back up into the 80s tomorrow :( You guys should come out, you would love it!

Oh, I saw this article and thought you might be interested.
http://www.mountainrunningteam.com/news/03_06_stairs.html
I don't know how to make it a link.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Sounds like Nashvegas has a case of the Chicago weather blues. It's FREEZING here. Our first day of spring brought flurries. It's quite irritating. That umbrella has definitely seen better days!! Glad you guys got a laugh out of it. :) Laughter is the best medicine for a crappy day...hmm, okay, next to a bit of nookie, of course.

LOVE the shirt for Pippin. I don't think our Target has those...looks like Phog will have to settle for his "Stud" shirt for the upcoming holidays. He's soooo deprived.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger mouse said...

oh.my.god.

that is the cutest picture of pippin ever.

tell your coworker (the one who said you look tired) to go away. I hatehatehate when people say that. it usually means something like, "you look like you got stuck out in the rain."

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Rich said...

When will someone invent a good-tasting fat-free tiramisu?! I'd go for that everyday if there was one!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Funny the breeder told us our dog would be 15-20 pounds. We're lucky if he's 9 pounds soaking wet. Oh yeah, he might make 10 pounds when I don't cut his fur...lol.

Love your dog pics. :-)

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Well done to both of you on your half marathon times - you make it sound so easy!

The weather is slowly starting to get cooler here and the leaves are starting to change colour. Before we know it we will be back to sub-zero mornings again. I miss summer already!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Congratulations on your race. I love reading your reports and living vicariously through them. I got all tingly when I was reading about the guy doing his first 5k remebering my own first race which I will never forget.

I really hope the unfortunate woman who voted for the race to be postponed doesn't know about your blog. OMG, I shouldn't be laughing. I will be doomed to injury forever.

God love the long suffering Pips...

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger onepinkfuzzy said...

so what's with the wrong shirt sizes for your family?! Races out of smalls for you, Target out of larges for Pips...geez, louise :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home