Monday, May 22, 2006

Birthdays make me tired!

Hey guys!! Well, I survived Brent's birthday weekend! Whew!! I think I went to work today just to get some rest. Before I start droning on about his weekend, here's my new quote of the week, provided by my mom.

Quote of the week: My dad had a colonoscopy today, just because he's getting old and that's what you have to do. Here's what she said about it in an email yesterday:

"(Dad) has never been in the hospital, he was born at home or never been put to sleep. "

WTF?? Of course my dad has never been put to sleep!! Is he a dog??? That one had us rolling for a while.

Anyway, Friday morning we got up and did our Brent Mile and then headed off to work. I stopped and picked up a bunch of donuts for Brent's department and he was nice enough to share them with his coworkers. He was really busy, so we just had a quick lunch of McDs (yes, I do eat that junk sometimes!!) and headed out of work a few minutes early so we wouldn't miss our dinner reservations. I had booked us a table at Restaurant Zola for 5:30. It's won a ton of local (and national awards), so I thought it was worth a try. Of course we got stuck in traffic, as always. You can't go in or out of the city without being part of a jam. Anyway, the restaurant was GREAT! Whenever we eat somewhere super nice I eat UP! We had a cheese tray for an appetizer. I LOVE cheese!! I had 3 types of cheese and some homemade crackers and bread, fruit, and some delicious bourban pecans. YUM! Then we split a salad with shrimp and goat cheese on it, which was just OK. Then Brent had duck and I had halibut. It was so good!! I can't even tell you what all was on it because I really don't know. Mine did have some mangos on there, which I love. And OF COURSE we had to have dessert - a really good little chocolate cake dipped in various stuff with a side of homemade mint ice cream. You could actually taste REAL mint in the ice cream, it was so good!!

Afterwards we decided to drive around and look at houses a little. We saw some GREAT neighborhoods that we LOVED. Of course when we got home....the price tags were INSANE! Like this one, yeah right!! $729K??? You're crazy. Most of the other ones in this neighborhood were in the $400's, which is crazy. They weren't very large. But it was a nice, comfortable neighborhood. Oh well.

From there we headed to Home Depot to get some toilet stuff, I broke the handle on one of our potties last week. Obviously I am very strong. We came home to our redneck neighbors sitting on their big ass boat. They are so annoying, and so is their big ass boat. We came in, fixed our potty, then opened presents and had cake! Yummm!!

Saturday morning I got up, read some blogs and went for a 7 mile run. It was cloudy when I started, but of course all the clouds melted away as soon as I got going!! UGH! It was so hot. I did some various loops through our neighborhood and stopped at the local park to stand in their misting fountain for a minute. Three suburban moms gave me a look as I was swirling around soaking up the water. As if, I hesitate to even say what THEY were doing could even be called "walking". Pippin could probably lap them. Within about 2 minutes you couldn't even tell I had just hosed myself down! We've had so much rain that no one had any sprinklers going. I made it in an avg of 9:22, which is faster than I felt. Not a great run, but I'm still not used to warm runs yet. There's just no shade out here, I felt like an egg frying on the sidewalk.

When I got home (at 10 am) Brent was getting up and I told him we were headed to the Renaissance Fest! Whew!! Well, that's it for now. We have so many projects to do around here that I have a strict time limit on my blogging for right now!! So little time, so much to do!

More about the weekend later!

Rae

10 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, I'm the first commenter! that's a first! :)

sounds like a fun weekend. i was wondering about the pic with you eating mcd's! i get wet while running all the time - you have to to stay cool!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

sounds like a great time was had by all!! :)

What happens for 30?

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You two were busy little bees...

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I'm gonna have to try out Zola...sounds yummy!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Dinner at 5:30? Yes, you are american!

Better you are not here right now, I just wonder how the runners that come here handle to run outside... I see them and admire them now that I know how fresh is where most of them come from.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I like your mom's comment about putting your dad to sleep; maybe it was a Freudian slip?

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger lainb said...

you did a FANTASTIC job planning Brent's fun bday weekend!! wanna plan mine too?? ;)

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

You broke the hanlde of the toilet? :)..woah strong girl.. :D..

That cake sure looks good..I hope pippin has some as well :D

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

pippins face in the one pic is so hilarious!

Sounds like you guys had a good birthday weekend!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Sitting in their "big ass" boat LOL!!!! I can hear Jeff Foxworthy now....."if you sit in your big ass boat, you might be......"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home