Friday, May 26, 2006

Blogger for hire!

So does anyone want to take over writing in my blog for me? With all the house stuff going on right now I just don't have the time to blog, and it would be REALLY, REALLY wrong to spend a ton of time on the computer when we have so much other stuff to do. It's really not a big deal, we're not training for anything big right now, so you're not missing much as far as the running stuff goes. I still need to write about our experience at the blazing hot Renaissance Fair last weekend (and post pics of the freaks who were there) and talk about the equally blazing hot concert we went to last Saturday night and how I'm too old to be up until 3 in the morning now. AND, I still haven't gotten to talk about the houses we looked at last Sunday - and the one that would be perfect for us if it wasn't $140K above our budget and how the stupid girl is trying to charge $200K more than what she paid for it 15 months ago (so stupid - all house sales are public record so you can look up what someone paid for the house and when they bought it). But I'll get around to it, really. And if someone DOES want to take up writing my blog for me all you have to do is talk about running, how rude suburban moms are hogging the sidewalks with their oversized backsides, how it's hotter than hell, how Pippin is REALLY cute, how Brent is a sweetie and throw in a bunch of pics of random stuff. It's really not complicated! AND, if you could read the 60 or so people's blogs I have loaded into my Reader account and summarize them for me and leave appropriate comments I would really appreciate it!!

So, we took today off to get a lot done around our house. We've been scrubbing, painting, cleaning and throwing loads of crap away ALL week. We've accomplished a TON. It's really starting to come together and I MIGHT be able to see the end of these tasks. Today we got up and had a 6 mile run in hotter than hell sun around 8 this morning, made some breakfast and haven't sat down since. I painted all the trim around our front door and repainted one of our bathrooms (we had painted monkeys and palm trees all over the walls, with sky and clouds above - we think the potential buyers might want something more neutral!), while Brent has been cleaning out all the crap in our massive storage area under our house. The more room you have the more crap people bring you. It's insane. Brent's been painting and touching up all week, while I scrub and organize and declutter. He repainted the ceiling in our bathroom last night - we had a neat purple-blue sunset type look on the ceiling and it look so strange and bare for it to be back to white now! When we're not working on our house this weekend we've got about 12 houses in the Eastwood Neighbors and Lockeland Springs neighborhoods in East Nashville to go and look at. Hopefully some of them won't be next door to the projects! We're also invited to a party tonight and a party Sunday night, so there should be a little bit of fun this weekend to balance all our work.

Well, Brent is out of the shower so that's where I am headed. I hope you all have GREAT holiday weekends!! I love long weekends!!!! Thanks to all the lawmakers who did something right in making a holiday that my company actually gives us (the first one we've had all year!!) and to all the troops and other people who have served this country! Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

Rae

13 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Come back soon! I miss reading your blog.

Best of luck with the house hunting!

And for the record, I would totally move into a place with a monkey/palm tree motif in the bathroom. That rocks.

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having just been through the home buying/moving process a few months ago- I feel your pain!I barely had enough time to run, let alone blog! Have fun...

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Don't think is that easy to write as you do. You are a natural!
I also learn a lot about americans here, didn't know records were public there.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Garou said...

Yeah, I too remember that special circle of hell which is also called "house hunting." As I recall, with our last house, I spent a few weekends redoing both bathrooms (new cabinets, repaint, new shower door, new grout, etc, etc, etc) and then an hour or two a night just doing random touch-ups, extra cleaning, cleaning out stuff, and so on.

What made it really bad is that I did the last of the stuff while my in-laws took care of my son - I had to undo all the various baby-proofing we had done to the house. And, naturally, the couple that bought it had a young child, and they had to redo all the baby-proofing themselves.

Good luck with the house hunting, and don't worry too much about keeping the blog updated. 500 words a day is fine - you can always make up the rest later. ;)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

You know, I think I could do it. I could write for you...but maybe Rae, you should hold auditions. How about a creative writing project that involves you and Brent and Pips and your jobs, the big-butted neighbour ladies and whatever else you do...I mean there's lots to draw from. Or, you could offer it up like the relay bit you did for Brent's birthday. Sort of like a progressive story where one person writes an opening paragraph and the next person adds and so on...

For the record, that must have been a pretty interesting bathroom with the sunset and all.

Take care.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Cory said...

Freaks! We wanna see freaks! As far as weird, random photos there's always my place! I need to get some freaks in my photos. I missed an opportunity in Ann Arbor. There were two guys in swords buckling swashes in front of the Museum of Art. No fair. Just knives and weird costumes.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

The one way to make things easier would be to lead a boring life and then you'd have nothing to write about...lol. But then we'd be sad cause there'd be no you to read and make our boring lives interesting.

As for hous hunting. Good luck. The market here has gone nuts. As in its a seller's market. Our house has gone up close to $100 grand this year. But we can't sell unless we want to leave town so we only rich on paper...lol.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger lainb said...

check in every so often...or else I'll have withdrawl symptoms from reading your blog. :)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Every weekend should be a longweekend..looksl ike u guys got a lot done.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

would be nice to have before nad after pics :D..

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Jack said...

I know what you mean about finding time for blogging. Between reading, writing and commenting my weekend is about shot. Have a nice holiday!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Jerry Horne said...

What does it pay to blog ? Hey cory , there might be a pic or 2 at my place you might like

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Darrell said...

you sure miss a lot when you are away from the computer for almost 6 days. The house hunting funs begins in earnest, huh. At least keep running, it will help with the stress. When is that Flying Monkey race?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home