Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It takes a village

What’s the deal with Blogger??? It seems like during any of the limited times I have to post or comment it’s down, or not working right. How annoying! We may need to move blogs AND homes!!

So, here’s a quick update of what’s going on with us! Saturday I got up and ran 8 miles through the neighborhood. I slept in a bit too late and didn’t get going until 9 am, and it was HOT! Ugh!! I stopped in a couple of rare, shady spots to let my heart rate drop and cooled off in the misting fountain. I thought about calling it quits, but really got my head into the music playing on my nano and kept on pushing. I was able to keep a 9:20 pace, which I’m really not happy about but I guess I’ll take it. It’s cooled off a little this week, but it seems like I can never get fully acclimated to the heat. My last couple of miles were in the mid 8:00’s, so I know I physically still have it in me, I think I’m just mentally a bit exhausted lately.

The rest of Saturday we spent packing and getting some things organized here. We also made the pressure wash people come back out and reclean our windows since they had done a HORRIBLE job. Sunday we went with our realtor to look at some more houses. We started off at a great one that we really, really like. We’re going back to look at it tonight. From there we saw several more, but none of them were “it”. It’s always amazing to see a house once you read all the sales info about it. One of them said it would be great for someone wanting a fixer upper, and that you could live in it while fixing it. WTH??? It had a big condemned notice on the front porch! Sure, you could live in it in a tent in the backyard!! Some people are just nuts. Another one also mentioned it was a fixer upper, and was in TERRIBLE, crack house, animal pee infested status. We walked through one Tudor we liked, and then a really neat house built in 1899. That would be cool if it was in a better neighborhood, it was neighbored by two crappy apartments and some pretty ghetto rent houses. The investor had done a GREAT job rehabbing it. It even had a carriage house (for horses and buggy!) out back. How cool!!

We were up late doing more paint touch-ups and stuff around our house because our selling realtor came over Monday night! We went through all the paperwork, walked through the place and signed some contracts. By Tuesday at lunch the big For Sale sign was in our yard!!! One of my coworkers had seen it during his lunch break (he lives a few blocks over) and told us about it, so we weren’t even the first to see it! I’m sure all our neighbors are TALKING. They came and put the flyers out today and someone has already set up a showing for tonight. Sweet!! Sell, baby, sell! We’re not totally happy with the pics on the ‘net, so Brent is retaking them (I think we know how to take some pics!!)

Of course Pippin is having a BIT of a hard time with all this. His whole little life has turned upside down. For about a year (or maybe longer) he’s had free reign of our house at all times. When he got to the point where we didn’t have to worry about accidents or him chewing up things we quit crating him. He is NOT happy about his return to the crate. There’s been a LOT of barking when we put him in there. He’s getting a little better about it, but he’s still not happy about it, and when we’re home he is pretty much attached to me at all times. He knows something big is going on. We made a little sign to put next to the papers telling people his name and that he’s in a crate in our bonus room. Hopefully he won’t act up too much when people come through and he has to be here. Also we’re hoping most of the showings will be over the weekend/at night when we can take him to the park or something.

Off to do some house hunting!

9 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

This is so exciting!! I feel like I'm moving right along with you folks.

Good luck with the house hunting! You'll know "the one" when you see it. :) Can't wait for the next update!!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger lainb said...

poor pips! make sure people know he doesn't come with the house!! :)

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're going to owe Pippin some serious treats after this is over. Maybe a special treat, or a doggie vacation. Maybe a cruise.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Blogger is definetly acting up, I can't even edit my own posts any more. The tudor house sounds nice, too bad it wasn't in a better neighborhood.

Pippin on a doggie cruise...sitting along side the pool with his sun glasses, checking out the doggie babes...

Happy house hunting!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Michele said...

We had some REFUSE to look at our house one they got there because of our dog. Never mind that she was in a crate in the garage!!

Good luck!!! Hope the house sells fast, I know what a pain having a house on the market can be.

Good job on the run. Wish we had a misting fountain around here, sounds great.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Poor Pippin...

Let the house selling begin...

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Beanie said...

i hate blogger some time. if only i had some time to spend changing over to something better!

good luck with the flitting...

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Hey Rae, is the Pipster pimpable for World Cup Soccer prognostications? I'm in an office pool and know shit about soccer so I need serious help for my second round picks. I just picked long shots in the first round hoping for upsets. If I win, I'll donate the loot to the Humane Society

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Cory said...

Dude, I SO wish there were a soccer fantasy league like that NCAA thing we all did. Soccer actually IS my sport. I love it. Go Rapids.

Good luck with the rest of the move.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home